C Class W204 2010 - Pins & Needles When Driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paco42

Car
Mercedes-Benz C Class Saloon
Good morning.

I have done a search on the Forum but cannot quite find the answer I need; I run a 2010 C Class Saloon and keep getting pins and needles in my leg when I drive it. I have tried every seat position combination, watched all the YouTube videos, etc.

I am wondering whether to get the seat reupholstered due to its age or swapping the seat out altogether?

Has anyone got any other suggestions or suffered with the same problem?

I hope someone can help as it makes it difficult to control the throttle/brake at times.

Thanks,

Neil

Try sitting on a cushion, just to see if it makes any difference?

When did you start driving the car, and when did you start getting pins and needles in your leg? The cause could be unrelated, but it manifests whilst driving.

I started getting pains in chest whilst driving. At first it only happened when I was driving, and I was mostly driving one car, so I could have blamed the car.

As the condition developed I got the same pains whether I was walking, driving, sat on the sofa, lay in bed. To begin with though it was just whilst driving.

It turned out to be something completely unrelated to the car or driving, but the light pressure from the seat belt was enough for the symptoms to manifest.

Good morning.

I have done a search on the Forum but cannot quite find the answer I need; I run a 2010 C Class Saloon and keep getting pins and needles in my leg when I drive it. I have tried every seat position combination, watched all the YouTube videos, etc.

I am wondering whether to get the seat reupholstered due to its age or swapping the seat out altogether?

I hope someone can help as it makes it difficult to control the throttle/brake at times.

Thanks,

Neil
I get exactly the same but it’s in my left **** cheek and thigh after driving for an hour or so. A quick stop and stretch usually relieves it for about 20 minutes and then it starts again. I get it on airplane trips too. Just something I have to put up with and just get on with it.

Try adjusting the seat base either by tilting the front upwards or down, whichever position alleviates the pins and needles.

It's the result if nerve activity... so likely related to pressure being applied somewhere higher-up. andyR43 made a good suggestion. Tilting the front of the seat will adjust the pressure on tbe thighs.

This may sound far fetched, but sounds like you need to see a physio.

Do you have access to any other cars to drive, does it only occur in your benz?
Definitely seems worse in the Benz; have access to my partner's Fiat 500, and don't have any issues in that.

I've seen a physio in the past, but that didn't help much. It's my first automatic, so I'm wondering if doing less when I'm driving now is anything to do with it?

When did you start driving the car, and when did you start getting pins and needles in your leg? The cause could be unrelated, but it manifests whilst driving.

I started getting pains in chest whilst driving. At first it only happened when I was driving, and I was mostly driving one car, so I could have blamed the car.

As the condition developed I got the same pains whether I was walking, driving, sat on the sofa, lay in bed. To begin with though it was just whilst driving.

It turned out to be something completely unrelated to the car or driving, but the light pressure from the seat belt was enough for the symptoms to manifest.
Oh no! Hope you're OK.

I get exactly the same but it’s in my left **** cheek and thigh after driving for an hour or so. A quick stop and stretch usually relieves it for about 20 minutes and then it starts again. I get it on airplane trips too. Just something I have to put up with and just get on with it.
Yeah, that's fair enough. Love the car, so will keep going.

Try adjusting the seat base either by tilting the front upwards or down, whichever position alleviates the pins and needles.
The seat base is as low as it'll go at the moment and seat base right to the floor: I'll try tilting the seat base as high as it'll go to see though. I'm in the abyss of constant adjustment now though!

Good morning.

Thanks,

Neil
Might be a form of Sciatica, although that usually relates to pain emanating from within the buttock & down the leg.? Had it for years with occasional re-occurrences. Different cars even those with multiple seat settings made no difference. Eventually the solutions that worked for me were/are:
1. Frequent use of cruise control - I would never ever drive a car without it. Allows for regular manipulating of the right leg & particularly the
feet & toes whilst engaged.
2. An inflatable (not fixed) cushion which can be adjusted at will - sometime enough so that your backside is affectively floating - not ideal
when cornering sharply though !
3. When suffering I'm able to source the exact point of pain deep in my buttock which when vigorously massaged sometimes with a golf ball
(I'm not kidding) or a knobbly roller-ball device (I'm still not kidding) either moves or removes the tension which I assume is muscle related.
4. Never drive for more than 2 hours continuously & keep hydrated ( sound advice irrespective ).

Hope this helps you & any other sufferers.
Good luck & take care

Might be a form of Sciatica, although that usually relates to pain emanating from within the buttock & down the leg.? Had it for years with occasional re-occurrences. Different cars even those with multiple seat settings made no difference. Eventually the solutions that worked for me were/are:
1. Frequent use of cruise control - I would never ever drive a car without it. Allows for regular manipulating of the right leg & particularly the
feet & toes whilst engaged.
2. An inflatable (not fixed) cushion which can be adjusted at will - sometime enough so that your backside is affectively floating - not ideal
when cornering sharply though !
3. When suffering I'm able to source the exact point of pain deep in my buttock which when vigorously massaged sometimes with a golf ball
(I'm not kidding) or a knobbly roller-ball device (I'm still not kidding) either moves or removes the tension which I assume is muscle related.
4. Never drive for more than 2 hours continuously & keep hydrated ( sound advice irrespective ).

Hope this helps you & any other sufferers.
Good luck & take care
Thank you so much for your response; some good tips and advice there 👍🏻.

I’ve bitten the bullet and swapped the car. Gone for a manual E Class Coupe. Seems to be better so far...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom