C Class W204 250cdi stalling issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vader

Car
Mercedes SL500 R129
Hi all

2011 sport model is stalling from cold every morning as drive is selected. Not rushing the process even let then engine run for a minute but as soon as I select drive you feel the gear taking up, and then revs drop and instant stall. Just does it the once and every morning. Once on move auto box is smooth all functions working. Any ideas please, is this a known common issue?
Thanks

I suggest you get it on STAR and check for fault codes.

Also, if the engine is going into limp mode, then it is likely to be an engine issue rather than a transmission issue.

I have had this before mate , it was a torque converter problem

I have had this before mate , it was a torque converter problem

Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling it might be the torque converter. Have it booked in for check although reading some threads it doesn't always show a fault code for this??. Can you recall how much is was to fix? Hopefully you were under warranty?

Hi Vader. Did you get to the bottom of this issue? I have the same problem and I am Keen to try and understand what the solution is.
Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling it might be the torque converter. Have it booked in for check although reading some threads it doesn't always show a fault code for this??. Can you recall how much is was to fix? Hopefully you were under warranty?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom