c-class w204 air con failure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edtzxr

Car
clk320 a208
Hi all

I am looking for some help with my girlfirends c class 220 cdi sport w204 on a 58 plate.

A couple of weeks ago the air con packed in everything seems to work fine but there is no cooling of the air at all.

At the same time the cooling fan for the engine now runs all the time from a few seconds after starting the car untill a few seconds after turning it off.

I have taken it to Halfords for a recharge of the gas thinking it could be that, but they have done it today but called me to say that it was low on gas but is now fine however the fault is still there and the compressor is not kicking in.

All help welcomed

Ed

Some models require a STAR reset of a/c fault codes before it will operate normally again..

Could be a relay gone down or a pressure sensor,best route to follow would without doubt be a STAR scan.

Would the fault be picked up with an odb2 reader or isit off to the stealers?

A generic reader may see the fault but it probably won't reset them?

ok thanks I have a reader that wil reset fault codes I will give it a go and see how i get on.

I also read there was a reset procedure pressing the recirc and defrost buttons but cant see if it applies to this model as all the posts refer to w203 is it worth trying?

Ed

That reset procedure is for normalising the air distribution flaps, don't think it will have any impact on your prob.

Now solved it was the gas pressure sensor basically telling the car that the air con had no Gas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom