C Class W204 passenger side Wiper blade hitting Scuttle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellyend1

Car
R129 SL 500
Dear All,

I've got a 2009 C Class that has wipers replaced at its last service. The passenger side wiper blade end (last 2 cm) is now knocking the top of the scuttle plate. Is there a way of adjusting the wiper arm to stop this. I've checked the wiper blade length and i think it is correct and loathed to cut it shorter to miss the scuttle plate as it may then travel even further down the screen.

Any thoughts advice appreciated

Best Wishes

Jeremy

Yes,a puller will make things easier,
There are little alignment marks silk screened onto the windshield.
Use them to set up the position.
But the real question is : why did things change ? Something is wrong.

Hi, thank you both for the replies. I've ordered the removal tool. Can I ask though, what could go wrong ? I have full functionality, smooth wipers etc . It's just the passenger one has too much of a sweep and drops below the bonnet line. As part of the service do the wiper arms ever get removed and such it is a case of a non alignment / correct positioning when they were re-installed ? Best Wishes. Jeremy

As part of the service do the wiper arms ever get removed and such it is a case of a non alignment / correct positioning when they were re-installed ?
No

I had this on a W203 at about 12 years old. Only thing I could put it down to was some very tiny movement on the spindle.

Of course, I snapped one of the spindles whilst I was doing the job, so I needed to buy a new (used) wiper linkage to replace the broken spindle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom