C Class W204 *quick before and after 1 month ownership :P*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi mate, everyone is different I suppose but like I stated several times this is just a little run around for me and a project at that.

I'd want for nothing more to be the proud owner of a C63 but for what this has cost me, for running costs, etc personally I can't warrant the need for a "AMG" ... was a quick post in member gallery (and again as stated not everyone's cup of tea) not the "Smart320 un-requested feedback forum"?
If you post on an Internet forum, then expect some people to agree, some people to disagree, and some to care so little that they don’t reply or maybe even read it. Vive la difference.

Another fake AMG sheep in wolf's clothing. Yawn.

Either lose the AMG badge, or complete the job by getting an 'Affalterbach Special Edition' badge off eBay...

Last edited:
Another fake AMG sheep in wolf's clothing. Yawn.

Either lose the AMG badge, or complete the job by getting an 'Affalterbach Special Edition' badge off eBay...

Rite .... lets just slow down a little ... the title clearly states what the thread is about ... so as its clearly something that doesn't interest you don't click into the thread, don't scroll down & don't even bother comment with what is pointless comment just carry on about your doing being a 🔔🔚

I don't get this forum? clearly it's full with a lot of people that don't actually have anything positive to say nor bring to the table ? ruining it for others?

and a final remark on the AMG badges, as previously covered in the thread they are being removed and replaced for personal preference although technically and according to Mercedes this is an "AMG Sport" so you may want to take that up with Mercedes ?

.... as you were

Rite .... lets just slow down a little ... the title clearly states what the thread is about ... so as its clearly something that doesn't interest you don't click into the thread, don't scroll down & don't even bother comment with what is pointless comment just carry on about your doing being a 🔔🔚

I don't get this forum? clearly it's full with a lot of people that don't actually have anything positive to say nor bring to the table ? ruining it for others?

and a final remark on the AMG badges, as previously covered in the thread they are being removed and replaced for personal preference although technically and according to Mercedes this is an "AMG Sport" so you may want to take that up with Mercedes ?

.... as you were
Don't take it personally. I suspect what you're seeing is a reaction to your reaction.

Some people don't favour replicas or up-badging, but I really don't mind. If you post it on a forum just don't be surprised if someone makes a comment which is different to your own perspective. You have a very nice car, and I think it looks great with the enhancements you've made - very C63-ish - and as long as you're happy with it then that's all that matters.

Regarding badges, Mercedes would not have sold a W204 C-Class with an AMG badge on the boot without it being a C63 - certainly in the UK - any others will have received the badge later (ie not in the factory).Of course the are AMG logos on accessories are found on other models, eg floor mats.

.... as you were

Read post 21 again. If you want only approving comments, best say so in your first post, eh?

I'm inclined to agree that you don't get this forum; we don't go in for juvenile insults here either.

It's all down to what you are trying to achieve.

If you are trying to adhere to a standard - e.g. build a C63 replica - then you should listen to the helpful advice given here.

If you want to make your own creation - then just go wild in whichever direction your imagination takes you.

Ultimately, you are the only person who should be happy with the result, based on the targets that you have set for yourself.

Which is why your comment about the car being an AMG-Line as 'justification' for the AMG boot badge prompted the response that it did - if you are going by anything that MB have intended for this car, then the boot badge shouldn't be there, but if you are doing your own thing, then how MB called the model in the first place is totally irrelevant. A response along the lines of 'I know that my car would have never had an AMG badge on the boot, but I like it this way" would have mitigated the come-back.

My other bit of advice is that you should be clear with yourself and forum members that this is done purely for fun. In terms of commercial gains, it can go either way. When the time comes to sell the car, an enthusiasts (or forum member) might like what you have done and be willing pay a bit more for your car, but equally a potential buyer looking at your (hypothetical) ad on eBay or AutoTrader or Gumtreee might consider the car to be 'butchered' and will avoid it at all cost (definitely any dealer taking the car in as Px will not appreciate your work). So it will help if you are clear that you may or may not get your money back when you sell the car, either way it makes no difference to you - in the same way that AMG owners ignore depreciation on their cars - it's not an investment, and as long as everyone is having fun, it's all good :thumb:

It's all down to what you are trying to achieve.

If you are trying to adhere to a standard - e.g. build a C63 replica - then you should listen to the helpful advice given here.

If you want to make your own creation - then just go wild in whichever direction your imagination takes you.

Ultimately, you are the only person who should be happy with the result, based on the targets that you have set for yourself.

Which is why your comment about the car being an AMG-Line as 'justification' for the AMG boot badge prompted the response that it did - if you are going by anything that MB have intended for this car, then the boot badge shouldn't be there, but if you are doing your own thing, then how MB called the model in the first place is totally irrelevant. A response along the lines of 'I know that my car would have never had an AMG badge on the boot, but I like it this way" would have mitigated the come-back.

My other bit of advice is that you should be clear with yourself and forum members that this is done purely for fun. In terms of commercial gains, it can go either way. When the time comes to sell the car, an enthusiasts (or forum member) might like what you have done and be willing pay a bit more for your car, but equally a potential buyer looking at your (hypothetical) ad on eBay or AutoTrader or Gumtreee might consider the car to be 'butchered' and will avoid it at all cost (definitely any dealer taking the car in as Px will not appreciate your work). So it will help if you are clear that you may or may not get your money back when you sell the car, either way it makes no difference to you - in the same way that AMG owners ignore depreciation on their cars - it's not an investment, and as long as everyone is having fun, it's all good :thumb:

hiya, just for reference Im not sure where the AMG badging impression has come from ? at no point is there an AMG badge anywhere near the boot of my car ? the only AMG badge is those stamped on the genuine wheels and the center caps that came with them which staed above are being swapped out ?

very interested forum this

How do you go on with your insurance? I hate dealing with them once a year and when I change cars. Do you tell them after every single change?

How do you go on with your insurance? I hate dealing with them once a year and when I change cars. Do you tell them after every single change?

it is a headache but Im 33 this year with a clean license since passing so most are reasonable as its mostly cosmetic

As long as you are pleased with it, ultimately thats what matters :thumb: Seriously though, try and take the comments on the context they are written in and don't get so defensive, this is a brilliant forum (yes it has its moments ;)) but some very knowledgeable/technical folk on here and me.

I like what you have done, but there again I do like to do similar, not pretending to be something that it is not just some personal touches. Enjoy it :)

Looks tidy. Each to their own. I personally want a c63 and the put C200D badge on it ;)

It looks well done, so fair enough
Might need spacers though on the rear?

I think it looks good, i modded my amg line car too, i like it better just the way it is now than when i got it with some of the same things you have done

Just taking possession of the estate version and like the black mirror look so might do that.
The other mods you have done/are doing are your personal preference and not to everybody's taste but thanks for sharing and don't get too hung up on the carping.
Opinions are like a******s, everyone has one, but the only one that matters in the end is your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom