C class w204 radio/NAV display not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blimsky

Car
C200 cdi
Hi everyone, i have a c200 cdi estate w204 2009, the display screen above the stereo unit has stopped working ( not the flip up type) also no info now on the dash when you scroll to audio, nav etc. I don't think the usb lead in the glove box isn't working either and at night the stereo does not illuminate ! The actually radio and Cd player still work but obviously you cant tune anything as no display !
This suddenly happened all at once, i've bought secondhand display screen and stereo unit and it makes no difference !
Sat Nav obs useless as no display etc.
Checked fuses and all seem ok Heeeeeeeeeeelpp !!!
This is driving me mad, i've had the car 6 years and never really had any issues, anyone got any ideas ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Cheers

Sounds like a complex CAN fault, Does the screen open but not illuminate ?
Come and see us in Lightwater (not so far from Cardiff) and I'm sure we can sort it !
Richard

Sounds like you might have a Universal Media Interface unit there.

Sounds like a complex CAN fault, Does the screen open but not illuminate ?
Come and see us in Lightwater (not so far from Cardiff) and I'm sure we can sort it !
Richard
Hi Richard

I have a E220 W212 2010 and a similar problem just occurred. You have said come and see us in Lightwater near Cardiff . Can you please give further details.

My audio works but the display doesnt come light up and the buttons dont illuminate eithier. Did you ,mean the shop at 58 guildford rd.
Thanks

Richard's place is a couple of miles from J3 M3, so a bit of a hike from Solihull I'm afraid!

Hi. We’re not that near Cardiff. But as people come from Ireland, Switzerland etc, it’s relatively not far from Cardiff (and I had driven to Cardiff the week before the original post, and actually Birmingham 2 weeks ago) . Easily done in a day trip. Which the same is true of Solihull of course. As Chris says, M3 J3.
Thanks. Richard

Hi. We’re not that near Cardiff. But as people come from Ireland, Switzerland etc, it’s relatively not far from Cardiff (and I had driven to Cardiff the week before the original post, and actually Birmingham 2 weeks ago) . Easily done in a day trip. Which the same is true of Solihull of course. As Chris says, M3 J3.
Thanks. Richard
Thank you Richard
The distance wont matter as long as you can fix the issue within budget.

I think you may have a Navigation 20 system in the car as you mentiond changing the screen and the unit itself and it still doesnt work!

Best bet is to make an appointment and pop in and see Richard.

Hi, I have the exact same problem with my 2010 W204 C200 CGI as decribed by others above (No display, USB port deoes not work, radio does not illuminate at night. Radio and CD still works). I'm in Perth, Australia and I've tried looking for help in the Australian forums for this issue with no luck, I replaced the fixed screen today but the problem persists.
Appreciate any advise that can help me resolve the issue. Many Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom