C Class W204 Screenwash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rayza

Car
2012 C250 CDi Sport Saloon (On order W205 C250)
All,

This maybe a silly question, but is there a specific screenwash I need to use for a new Class W204 2012 (on order currently)? Or can I use any?

Thanks,

Riz

Rayza said:
All,

This maybe a silly question, but is there a specific screenwash I need to use for a new Class W204 2012 (on order currently)? Or can I use any?

Thanks,

Riz

Don't think it makes a difference. Only difference is the freezing temps in winter

Any screen wash will do but if you look on the items for sale section, there is a member selling MB screenwash at a knockdown price.

Best not to keep changing brands/types as it can lead to sludge forming in the bottle resulting in a nasty niff!

MB screen wash is very good and perfect partner to heated washer nozzles, no scaling or corrosion.

Thanks all.

You do (to a point) get what you pay for

Some of the cheap ready mixed stuff can cause sludge in the tank over time which can lead to blockages. Especially on some newer cars that have really fine washer jets that create a spray

Also check out what temperature it goes down to. Not as important now we are in Spring but in Winter many drivers end up with frozen washers because either they don't have enough screen wash in their tank OR because the screen wash they use is not up to the job.

Personally I am still using BMW screen wash because is is cheaper than anything Halfords have and it can keep me ice free down to minus 63 degrees! The MB I am guessing is very similar and as said, it not as expensive as you might expect.

premixed stuff are better too otherwise if you mix it with water try not using tap water where high chance of micro bacterial growth and therefore sludge.

Someone told me that they had a problems with washer jets and MB told him that they would only fix them under warranty if MB solution had been used. :eek:

I am sure that I have seem many members rave about Ultimate Speed Screen Wash from Lidl. Good down to -60 neat. 5 litres £5.99. I purchase some last year and it worked a treat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom