C class w205 headlight, parking & indicator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CClassWoes

Car
C class w205
Hello folks,

Hope someone can help me with this please got a w205 c class, the one light seemed to have water in it one day, a couple of days later the computer started popping a message about the parking lamp and the indicator, I've took the light out and its all sealed etc, the control module on the headlight is corroded I've cleaned it all up and researched it and im coming up with odd results. So I've seen people have changed the headlight and transplanted the old control module over and not needed any kind of programming however it seems like my module is the part thats damaged probably with the headlight too. I could probably identify the component faulty on the module however I cant find a schematic for A2059005010 so I would have to get an identical oem one to transfer the ics that have blown. Anyway this is all to make the light work without programming however looking on ebay I've seen the modules for sale that say they don't require programming which is what I'm confused about??? Will these modules actually work with my light when everything else says xentry or something to recode? Also as their not oem the boards probably not the same so I wouldn't be able to transplant ics from it into the water damaged one.
Sorry for the long post can someone please help :(

Ok for anyone else that might be interested, I ordered a cheap copy controller board from ebay with the same serial number cost £52 worked perfectly, no errors and lights work fine, no programming etc

Hi, how did the 'plug n play, control module work out? Do you have the High Performance (static) or Intelligent LED System? I'm curious as to how the PnP works, do the daytime running lights brighten and dim identically when the car is turned on and off? Do all the lights have the same colours/brightness etc? Essentially does it all match perfectly with no error codes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom