C-Class which model should I buy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dellboi

Car
C-Class
Looking to move from a BMW 3 Series 320d back to a C-Class. Would welcome any advice and guidance on the model, engine e.t.c to go for.

looking forward top responses.

Looking to move from a BMW 3 Series 320d back to a C-Class New shape, looking to spend £20000-£250000. Would welcome any advice and guidance on the model, engine e.t.c to go for..

looking forward top responses.

With up to 250K to spend, I guess it would be a C63 with all the options, inc. GAP, alloy wheel cover, double supergard. Lol!

But at the lower end of your budget then I'd say it's all bout the particular car and spec that grabs your attention. Whether you want diesel or petrol etc.

Diesel, C250 best, but C220 good, pass on the 1.6D in my opinion.

Always go auto, the C200 petrol is ok if you must have petrol, but a C250d will feel much more responsive (and economical).

Most go for AMG/Sport line. I think the new C Class needs to look 'AMG like' or they can be mistaken for a Kia.

Always go auto, the C200 petrol is ok if you must have petrol, but a C250d will feel much more responsive (and economical).
So an extra £3665 will buy a C250d over the petrol version. For that you will gain a noisy gruff diesel engine that has been slated in the motoring press and a 0-62 of 6.6 seconds rather than 7.2 seconds for the petrol.

You would have to do a lot of miles to save £3665 for the extra mpg a diesel would give you over a petrol version so I would not dismiss the petrol C200 unless that extra 0.6 seconds of performance was worth the additional £3665.

Last edited:

You may just get a 2015 C350e for £ 25k. They are all Sport models and because of the weight of the batteries all have airmatic. 0 - 60 5.9s forget the 134mpg (real nearer 40mpg) 2.0l petrol with emissions of 49 - no tax or congestion charges when all councils bring them in.

Bonecho said:
So an extra £3665 will buy a C250d over the petrol version. For that you will gain a noisy gruff diesel engine that has been slated in the motoring press and a 0-62 of 6.6 seconds rather than 7.2 seconds for the petrol. You would have to do a lot of miles to save £3665 for the extra mpg a diesel would give you over a petrol version so I would not dismiss the petrol C200 unless that extra 0.6 seconds of performance was worth the additional £3665.

The difference is much less on the used market. There's far more diesels around and diesels are now depreciating much faster due to the bad press.

I'm not sure if you've driven both these engines. The petrol is also regarded as gruff by the press and the diesel subjectively feels much faster due to the torque.

I'm petrol by preference but in my opinion, having owned and driven many miles in both these engines, I'd go for the diesel. I do agree that it's not worth paying £3k more for though ✌️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom