C class window noise when winding down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

elimelim

Car
c class coupe 2017
hi all i have a c class coupe 2017 model.

Whenever i activate the electric windows down on the passenger side there's is a horrible squeaky noise. i have attached a video for reference. I have tried some contact cleaner inside the window slot however has not made a difference.

Any suggestions? it sounds like its coming from the corner or something is rubbing. Only happens when the windows comes down not up

video below
20210731_113029

I have a 2018 c205 and having a very similar issue. It is also coming from the corner in my situation.

Tried contact cleaner myself, it appeared to work for the first 24hrs or so but kept coming back.

@elimelim have a look at the below thread:

I think its time you looked in to it ,,the regulator or slides want lubricating ..When these cars are made from new the guys that assemble them dont know what grease is ...

I think its time you looked in to it ,,the regulator or slides want lubricating ..When these cars are made from new the guys that assemble them dont know what grease is ...
dont really fancy taking the door off... would any spray work?

otherwise ill have to take it to someone who can do it.

I have a 2018 c205 and having a very similar issue. It is also coming from the corner in my situation.

Tried contact cleaner myself, it appeared to work for the first 24hrs or so but kept coming back.

let me know what you decide to do. its very annoying

let me know what you decide to do. its very annoying

Hi Elim. Good advice from Martin above as it has done the trick for me. About a month ago I got silicone spray from Halfords, sprayed it along the inside of the rubber where the window sits and it has worked so far with no noise since.

Yes I agree with Martin, silicone spray 2 to 3 times a year and you should have no more bother at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom