C Coupe Standard Audio vs Haron Kardon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rommi

Car
c class
I sat in the new C Coupe (to try various connectivity options with the dealer)

Windows Phone 7 Bluetooth to COMMAND worked via BlueTooth and Cable
MP3 player worked via cable
USB Stick worked plugged in
iPod Nano worked via cable

So I was pleasantly surprised everything seems to work.

Soundwise, I went upstairs to hear a Harmon Kardon setup in an E Coupe.
I thought the C Coupe standard setup sounded close enough not to bother with the HK option if I get a C Coupe (still might get the E Coupe though)

If I needed to save spec money to reach a price point on a C Coupe I'd drop the HK. I am only posting to give my feedback, but also just in case someone has contrasting experience?

I sat in the new C Coupe (to try various connectivity options with the dealer)

Windows Phone 7 Bluetooth to COMMAND worked via BlueTooth and Cable
MP3 player worked via cable
USB Stick worked plugged in
iPod Nano worked via cable

So I was pleasantly surprised everything seems to work.

Soundwise, I went upstairs to hear a Harmon Kardon setup in an E Coupe.
I thought the C Coupe standard setup sounded close enough not to bother with the HK option if I get a C Coupe (still might get the E Coupe though)

If I needed to save spec money to reach a price point on a C Coupe I'd drop the HK. I am only posting to give my feedback, but also just in case someone has contrasting experience?

I didn't have HK in the last E Class and do in this one - I can't say there's a hugely noticeable difference, and I enjoy messing with hifi/home cinema - I think money could be better spent elsewhere.

Welcome BTW.......

I have had both the standard audio and now e full HK in an e coupe. I must say that there is a massive difference to me with deep bass and chirpy mids and highs. The 3d surround works wonders.
However as the c coupe may be a smaller cabin I think the standard audio may fill it out nicely but it's down to individual taste and budgets obviously. Welcome to the forum :)

Hi rommi,
I have the Harman Kardon Logic 7 audio system in my 2005 W203. The main difference compared to 'standard' is the imaging - the standard sound comes from the dash board level or below, and the Logic 7 sound from the above dash and wind screen area. The sub woofer is subtle but effective.
The original purpose of Logic 7 was to provide a better stereo image for the rear seat passengers, according to the AES papers by David Greisinger. To achieve this the front of the car has Left, Centre, Right, the rear doors have L' and R'', and the parcel shelf has rear surrounds and the subwoofer.
I think it is worth it, but then I would, wouldnt I?

Best regards from down under
David

thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom