C-Klass Suspension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

altreed

Car
c36 AMG, z3 2.8, BMW 330D Touring.... Bike: Yamaha T/cat 600, Z1r {gxsr1100 mota}, CR500 Aii
Hi,

I drive a c36, I understand that the suspension is the similar to a C-Klass sport model.

Does anyone else feel that the suspension is a bit harsh on UK's shoddy roads (well they are round Dorset).

I used to have a 190e and wanted to lower it so I fitted a set of Eibach springs. The result was fantastic, brilliant improvement in ride height and braking but there was little noticable reduction in ride quality after the new springs were fitted.

Has anyone tried changing their sport springs for springs that still maintained the ride height (or lowered it) but improved the ride quality when going over bumps in the road?

Many thanks

p.s I did post this message in the bodywork forum but realise I should have posted here

Hi, I think our C43 is pretty hard riding - and yes our roads are more like cart tracks! I dont think it's unacceptable though - it's better than the Fiat Coupe Turbo I had a couple of years ago. So, I'm afraid I cant help you with alternative springs etc. ...

Hi Altreed,

I find my Sport suspension to be very comfortable, not harsh at all, however, I run stock 16" wheels with 205-55x16 tyres.

What size rubber are you guys running? Lower profile tyres will give a harsher ride. Maybe a wheel change might be cheaper? Won't look as good though :p

S.

Find my ride OK, if a little soft at times and I have the same wheels and tyres as you.

When I came from my BMW which had M-TEC sport suspension, I found the Mercedes Sport setup really sloppy, but I have got used to it now.

I think the AMG set-up must be sportier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom