C or S

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Taidy

Car
CLC 180 sport
I have recently bought a 2011 CLC 180 sport.
the problem I have is when I set the mode to "S" it woks fine until I switch the engine off. It reverts back to "C" the next time it starts.
this is the 6th Mercedes I have owned and all have had the same setup of staying in the mode I set it in, usually "S".
The independent dealer I bought it from says this is correct.
Is it correct???

Does it have Eco Stop Start? if so, this cannot be changed.

My car is a 2012 year and it reverts back to C each time. I wonder whether this default is part of the emissions test for EU law. That is, the test is done in the default mode of the car so it always reverts back to this whenever you start the car.

This may be a legislation driven thing, which is why it didn't do this on your previous cars but it does from your 2011 car. Perhaps someone may come on this thread and confirm or correct.

My car is a 2012 year and it reverts back to C each time. I wonder whether this default is part of the emissions test for EU law. That is, the test is done in the default mode of the car so it always reverts back to this whenever you start the car.

This may be a legislation driven thing, which is why it didn't do this on your previous cars but it does from your 2011 car. Perhaps someone may come on this thread and confirm or correct.
It almost certainly will be. When performing fuel consumption tests (and emissions) they must use the default mode upon start up and so it will default to the most efficient set-up, ie C with Eco stop/start on.

My 2006 C-Class remained in S.

I.e., it simply 'remembered' the last position selected.

My 2013 C-Class always reverts to C on engine start-up.

I guess that older Mercs were set to 'last selected', while newer Mercs always default to C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom