C W205 Desirable Optional Extras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jrattan

Car
C63 W204
Looking at getting a 2015 C class diesel for commuting in. Any advice on optional extras that you think are key would be great. I’m looking at getting an AMG line one.

Mine is 2016/17 model, so not sure if available for 2015, but I would not be without..........................................
Estate version
Intelligent LED Headlamps
Airmatic
Distronic
Premium Plus Spec

Driving Assistance Pack (rare)
COMMAND (comes with the Premium Plus pack I believe) *
Pano roof
Heated front seats *
Memory seats
Split-folding rear seats
Reverse Camera *
Ambient light / door handle light etc

(the ones with * are my personal must-haves)

Good shout on the driving assistance package - I think that will def help my wife as her commute is 150 miles each day

Will also probably look at premium pack as some of the stuff will become standard I imagine

I have a C220 W205 Sport Premium Plus, it has comand with linguitronic, cruise control, parktronic active park assist, full electric memory front seats, heated front seats, Burmester dvd surround sound audio, panoramic electric tilt/slide roof with blinds, advanced intelligent LED headlights, Antico faux leather interior and cup holders I think, yes it has cup holders too. In my opinion it is a very comfortable place to be for any drive commute or leisure.

Premium Plus
AMG Line with black ash trim
18" five-spoke rims

Good shout on the driving assistance package - I think that will def help my wife as her commute is 150 miles each day

ouch - I'd be looking to move nearer work than waste 4 hours a day driving.

At that mileage, you'll need a service every 4 months. That's going to be c2k pa (incl tyres)

I have an AMG line with Premium plus pack which I think is a must, I also got the leather upgrade, Airmatic, driving assistance pack, and 360 Camera (I had to wait 4.5 months for the car when I ordered it because of 360 camera option being in short supply). I think the only option I didn't get was the tow bar...

Airmatic on this size car is outstanding, I live in the middle of nowhere so the practicality of being able to raise the car has saved me countless times, and the ride is fantastic. I specced the car with 19" wheels and got a set of 18"s with winter tyres, the ride and handling are sublime on 18" wheels to the point I would have not bothered with the multispoke 19's as they are a pig to keep clean.

One thing I regret doing is not ticking the box for the black ash wood trim (it was a no cost option with the leather). The gloss black is a nightmare and looked grubby five minutes after collecting the car and I am really careful with it.

I also got the LED intelligent lights as well, I was never bothered with the whole Bi-xenon fad, but I was loaned a C200 sport with them before I ordered it and that was the night and day moment. Again, I drive on rural roads and driving at brisk pace they are very effective and confidence inspiring.

I've got a very well specced S205 Premium Plus AMG Line, and I would definitely recommend the black ash wood trim, it's a simple thing - but I've had a few loaners without it (black gloss) and it scratches very easily (ask my dog) and looks tacky quickly.
A lot of the other stuff is personal taste, but the Premium Plus is a good place to start, oh and the 360 camera is great !

ouch - I'd be looking to move nearer work than waste 4 hours a day driving.

At that mileage, you'll need a service every 4 months. That's going to be c2k pa (incl tyres)

I also need to get to work and it’s going from south east London to south west London. Could be 30 miles through the city but she prefers the m25.

The intelligent lights are a must for me!

Well impressed with them, I’m not sure if they are an optional extra or standard on certain models ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The intelligent lights are a must for me!
I had the intelligent lights as standard on my 2016 E Class coupe , they worked very well, I didn't have them on my 2013 E class coupe as they were ,from memory , a £1000.00 extra. I don't think for one minute that they were anywhere near £1000 better than the standard units. Secondly has anyone on here any idea what the replacement cost of an LED I H is compared to a standard unit - somewhat eyewatering.
The one option I couldn't do without is the Pano Roof , totally different car , unfortunately only available with Premium Pack on pre 2018 facelift and only P Plus post facelift , so mega bucks.

Last edited:
Driving assistance pack.
Airmatic.

If it was not for these two things, I would probably have gone BMW again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom