C W205 Desirable Optional Extras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Its great. I can’t recommend it enough. The loaners I have had have all had normal suspension and they nearly break you back in comparison. Its not quiet firm enough in the sportiest setting (but I did come from PSS10’s on my previous car) but like driving in bed almost in comfort. Really irons out those bumps.

Obviously nothing like the top system in the Range Rover and the likes but very very good. Cant believe more people don’t spec it. (Although I have no idea on options price).

Its great. I can’t recommend it enough. The loaners I have had have all had normal suspension and they nearly break you back in comparison. Its not quiet firm enough in the sportiest setting (but I did come from PSS10’s on my previous car) but like driving in bed almost in comfort. Really irons out those bumps.

Obviously nothing like the top system in the Range Rover and the likes but very very good. Cant believe more people don’t spec it. (Although I have no idea on options price).

I've got Airmatic on mine, £800 option, even with runflats it's very good.

Double Post.

Driving Assistance Pack (rare)
COMMAND (comes with the Premium Plus pack I believe) *
Pano roof
Heated front seats *
Memory seats
Split-folding rear seats
Reverse Camera *
Ambient light / door handle light etc

(the ones with * are my personal must-haves)

+1 on the Drivers Assistance Pack, I have it on mine and its superb at eating up the miles. The steering assist works well as does the distronic plus.
The Premuim plus is a must along with the active led headlights (not sure if these are in premuim pack plus on a non AMG car) .

The thing with options is at some point it becomes a law of diminishing returns. You need to decide what’s important to you and how you us the car. I’ve had two of these now. One with Airmatic and one without. The handling is vastly different with so would not have one without again. I found the Premium Plus pacakage gave pretty much all I wanted in terms of heated seats/Satnav/better audio. Privacy glass is good if you have kids in the back IMHO. I have Distronic on the SL and in my experience don’t think it’s worth the extra over normal cruise but then I only use cruise in average speed limit areas.

I will be going for intelligent cornering lights as we have some country roads and I had a hire car with it and surprisingly really liked it.
I’ll also get the driver assistance pack as blind spot assist and lane assist are useful given the miles my wife does. Obviously this comes with distronic too but I’m less concerned with using that.
Call me a snob I take heated seats (front) sat nav etc as standard now. It should be on a £20k+ car anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom