C124 - Airflow from vents same regardless of control knob setting!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

charan_singh

Guys,

I get the same 'airflow' out of my interior vents regardless of where the control knob is set??

Whats going on?

Not good news. If you are lucky it will just be the control switch. We were not lucky and it was the cables that had come adrift from the flaps. Apparently this is pretty common. If it is this problem then it involves taking most of the dash out to get at it. Ours had to be done twice after the first attempt failed after 3 months. Fortunately the mechanic did not charge for his labour the second time. It takes around 6 hours to do I was told. The parts are cheap - under £50 and still available from MB in Germany.
The above assumes you were meaning direction of flow. If you mean speed of flow then it could be the fan switch,resistor, motor or something else.
Good luck

Hi - thanks. I actually meant the speed of flow. But hey, guess what...this morning it was working. WHich mean there is some intermittent problem, does that make it more likely to be one or other of the fan switch, resistor, motor etc?

Thanks

Thats lucky. Its most likely just the switch or resistor. Should be much easier to fix if it stops working again. It could be the motor or the brushes but lets hope not. That woould also be a dashboard out job I think

its gone again...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggghhhhh!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom