C124 bootlid plastic trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lust4Life

Car
C55
Hi Guys and girls,

The horizontal plastic trim dividing the bootlid and number plate holding area on my 124 Coupe is split, presumably from people using it to shut the boot.

It's the bit that holds the number plate lights, this is the best pic I've got at the moment

e220_rear.jpg

I'll try and get a better photo onto the web for reference.

Does anyone know the part number, cost or where I could maybe get one s/h?

I'm guessing it must be the same part for all facelifted 93-96 124's.

Cheers!

Phil

Last edited:
Originally posted by Lust4Life
I'm guessing it must be the same part for all facelifted 93-96 124's.
I think that part is on the pre-facelift w124 saloon and coupé, and then only on the facelifted coupé, the saloon has a totally different bootlid. I think MB were lazy with the coupé and just made a filler panel for the facelift, when the saloon got a complete update. This means you have a much better chance of getting a part! :)

Can't answer the Question?

But get some pictures on the Gallery Mate for us to Admire.:D :cool: :D

I cant be sure from the picture whether or not this is from the pre-facelift model or nor but it sure looks like it is....Had my eye on it meself but perhaps you need it more than I. Apparently, it is a chrome cover over the bootlid plastic strip but to be it looks like a direct replacement.

i-1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2408778780&category=10398

My car is the pre-facelift model and does not have the spacer panel between the lights (yet). However I am interested to see if your bootlid strip is the same as mine or not. At a guess, I think it is. What do you think?

boot.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers guys.

Mine is actually partly snapped as you can (just about) see in the pic below over the r/h side of the number plate

pd6.jpg

I'm not sure the cover would hold it, I might even whip it out and try to glue and clamp it as a temporary measure.

I see what you mean about the facelifted saloon, it doesn't have it!

Phil

Actually sold it 30 minutes ago so it's a moot point now.

Still in shock but better things to come :)

Phil

Well, I've spent the dough on an MX5 for the g/f so I've got her car at the moment and it's going in the trader then I'll have to have a look round.

Nothing really grills my burgers at the moment though.

Cheers,

Phil

Originally posted by Lust4Life

Nothing really grills my burgers at the moment though.

ROTFL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom