C124 Door Card Removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grantmackay80

Hi There, I need to remove the door card of my 1994 E320 coupe to get at the window motor. I had the door card taken off my old 300ce at the garage but it seemed to break 2 clips located near the bottom so the door card never sat properly again.

Can anyone please tell me how to take it off correctly.

Thanks for your time Grant

Any help?

[YOUTUBE]4ZzxySwGe6Y[/YOUTUBE]

Clips are available from the Dealer Grant,

Rather than go through step by step what part in particular is presenting a challenge, maybe I can help...

Failing that PM me your email address and I will send the MB instruction through if you like, W.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I have had a look at some youtube clips and it looks like you need to pull the door card straight up and not out so it looks like that could have been issue with my old car.

I will give it a go and see how I get on.

Thanks for your time.

Grant

Yes, once you have all the attachments off you remove it by pulling it upwards, from the bottom may be best, needs a bit of a short sharp shock...

Hi don't know of you've sorted this already but removing the door card is relatively easy, no clips just unscrew all the bits and then the key is to lift up and out as instead of clips there are hooked shaped plastic that sit within holes in the door.

The hard part for me of replacing the window motor was getting the assembly to line up properly after fitting the motor to the regulator! Once you do it once the door card is a 5 min job

Info

Before you remove the motor and regulator from the door ,put a 12 volt power to the connector, that you see after the cards removed .As i just pulled my regulator and motor . Then i replaced it with a new one, but only to find the one i took out of the door, after i clamped it in the vice and stuck 12 volts to it it worked. If you try this after you have it off it only runs in one direction .To run in the other direction reverse the wires. I think mine had a bad connection .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom