C124 - handbrake shoes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

charan_singh

Mine need changing? Any ideas on parts required etc? Ease of change over..points to consider?

I believe the problem was caused by my brother driving a few miles with the hand brakes on...so i imagine they need replacing?

Thanks gents.

Get the kit from MB and buy all of the parts inc springs. Check your brake discs for wear too on the inside where the shoe locks on

They are not that hard to replace, but make sure you buy the fitting kit with them. Best to go for the genuine mercedes parts, as I have found the pattern parts do not fit properly.

Once you get the shoes on the car, with the brake discs back on, you can adjust them up through one of the wheel bolt holes with a flat screw driver.

The parking brake shoes are frequently neglected. Ours broke up and caused a horrendous noise shortly after we got the car. Whilst you are doing the job its probably worth doing the discs/pads aswell unless they are newish.

OK guys. I have ordered the 'kit' which comprises of shoes, springs and fittings for £25??

Does that sound about right?

Thanks

As far as I can remember yes. MB parts can be surprisingly reasonable for some things

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom