C124 Rear Arch Repair Panels-- Any Ideas??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Browny

Car
Mercedes 230 CE 1991 C124
Hi Everyone...new to the forum..can anyone help...

Im after some repair panels for both rear arches on my 1991 230CE C124 which are both suffering with the usual rust!!

The panels seem readily available for the W124 four door saloons , but not the C124 Coupe. Ive contacted a couple of UK suppliers who do the 4 door arch panels, but none can help so far with C124 repair panels.

Has anyone had this problem already and found a supplier??

Wanting to keep it on the road....

Cheers

Cheers 'Grober' I was thinking that might have to be my fallback position, if I cant find any repair panels specifically for the coupe... Im sure they cant be far off on the saloon version and could be used as a starting point/ for patching.
I'll keep looking for a while, then will have to get some for the saloon and see what the fit /similarity is like...

Cheers.....Dave

You do know a 911 SC has the same rear wheel house shape - ish that will allow you to go wide body on a 124 don't you. Almost a perfect fit aparently. Well you did say ANY ideas...

Wow, didnt know that, never have thought about a 911 !?! Yeh grateful for any ideas at this point...surely someone must have had the same problem with rusty rear arches on a C124 Coupe??
The W124 saloon repair arches dont look far off as mentioned on this thread,, so that may be thh way to go...but I'll keep the 911 in mind...thats a dream car aswell!
cheers

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your responses...for anyone with the same rear arch issues in the future,,,

Following advice, Ive just received delivery of two rear arch repair panels from www.centralpanels.co.uk

They are listed for the W124 saloon, but appear to be an exact match in size/shape/profile for the C124 coupe. Only around £15 each, plus postage so worth a pop.

Cheers.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom