C124 - Wiring Loom GONE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

charan_singh

Guys, this is looking like a massive bill.

Replacement Wiring Loom: 850...wtf?!

Can anyone repair the damn thing?

Or can you just find one from somewhere else?

So is it the loom then for sure?

...i told you its around that price!

i wouldnt bother fixing the existing. if you opt for the new one...peace of mind + upgraded material on the loom.

Last edited:
Guys, this is looking like a massive bill.

Replacement Wiring Loom: 850...wtf?!

Can anyone repair the damn thing?

Or can you just find one from somewhere else?

Did you get that figure from the dealer parts dept. based on your full VIN ???

Is your's the 220 engine ?

You can get a true idea of real price by typing in the part number at Mercedes Benz parts online - a web site run by Inchcape. (MB oxford).
The price you have been quoted sounds too high to me.

Yikes looks like prices have gone up just checked on EPC and I get an E220 wiring harness as part number A124 440 39 33.
Check on the inchcape site reveals a list price of £1038 with a discounted price of £934.20

It also looks like they are phasing out multiple types of engine harness and trying to standardise on a couple.
Mine for a E320 is priced at £776. Glad I got mine done before these price increases as it would probably have been £1500 when fitted at MB

Yikes looks like prices have gone up just checked on EPC and I get an E220 wiring harness as part number A124 440 39 33.
Check on the inchcape site reveals a list price of £1038 with a discounted price of £934.20

Don't just use one of the online epc websites to decide what part number you want, make sure you get the supplying dealer to work that out from your vin / reg number. Then if you get the wrong part you will be entitled to a replacement. I did not realise the 220 was affected by this issue, thought it was only the 280/320. I have just replaced my 320 loom and it cost me £670ish from inchcape (If you use the offer code promo10 you would get an additional 5% off that I later found out).

Don't know if it is the placebo effect but I'm sure mine is now smoother to drive, even though I had no obvious problems prior to swapping.

I subscribe to the official MB web parts system as used by the dealers. You input your chassis number and it will tell you valid parts for your vehicle. I did however get my MB dealer to do all this for me so your comment about liability for wrong ordered parts is valid.

MB have definetely reduced the engine harness variants available as about six months ago there were lots more engine harness variants available.

MB have definetely reduced the engine harness variants available as about six months ago there were lots more engine harness variants available.
The one I have just fitted had a manufacturers label dated early this year, so I guess they have rationalised when they have gone out for a new batch.

im getting paranoid about this issue - i had my immobiliser disabled before i started getting these idling problems that have lead to me 'requiring' a loom. any ideas if the two could be related?

The problem is if anyone has touched the loom,it can disturb it enough to cause problems.
Even changing the plugs can cause problems if the wiring is already on its way

im getting paranoid about this issue - i had my immobiliser disabled before i started getting these idling problems that have lead to me 'requiring' a loom. any ideas if the two could be related?
Charan, I may have you confused with someone else, but hasn't someone on another thread pointed out that all you need on your engine is the maf sensor re-wiring as you have the 4 cylinder engine which isn't as badly affected as the M104?

P.s. You may also find it easier to get a concensus opinion about your loom if you stick to one thread as I can see you are posting different symptoms on at least three at the moment.

Last edited:
The problem with bad wiring looms did not just affect the M104 engine. The wiring looms on all W124 from 1993 -1996 are affected AIRC

but mainly as above states, the wire to the MAF only.

remember the early engines had coils on the inlet manifolds where the heat is less.

kth - do you mean there is some possibility that the removal of the immobilisor could have affected MAF functionality? Apparently my loom is not transmitting any voltage...or the correct voltage.

I do not mean that.

the immobilisor removal should not affect anything to do with MAF.

but the wire to/from the MAF may have shorted internally due to heat, and therefore the readings from MAF to engine computer will be rubbish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom