C126 500/560sec

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marneus

Car
C124.... Shortly
Evening all.

I'm hoping to get into a 500 or 560sec over the next 12-18months (couple of cars to strip/sell 1st) and was wondering if someone could give me a realistic budget to have before I even start looking. I wouldn't be looking for concourse but would like a nice example to use on the weekends that I'm not working.
I see a few on eBay that are £6-8k is this a proper start point or would I be able to start looking with £4-5k? I'm a bit out of the loop with these as the last one I bought cost £900 4years ago.

Cheers

Jamie

Prices are all over the place at the moment as far as I can tell.

Ultimately it will all be about condition, and provenance of mileage, work done etc

The really good ones are getting up near the 10k mark, the nasty ones are down the 1-2k mark.

560's are at a premium over the 500, they are a lot rarer 176 currently on road vs 330 500's.

I think you should be able to get a decent one for 4-5k but it will still likely need some bodywork even if at first inspection it looks ok, they almost all do, rear windscreen, rear bumper hangers, wings, door bottoms, engine bay holes bumper chrome are the places to look.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. (see my link in the signature for some of the fun and games that I have had)

Thanks for the info, I'll read through your thread when I have a spare hour or so.

My thinking is the same as yours, get one that needs a bit of love & have spare cash in the pot to do the repairs. As I could buy one for £8k & still find it needs the same repairs but with no spare cash to do them.

I'm going to budget for the parcel shelf replacement as a matter of fact, that way if it doesn't need doing then I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I've loved these cars since I was 5 & my brief dalliance with my shed 500sec only made me want a nice one more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom