C126 560SEC with lovely red interior

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do like a bit of provenance: ex-Middle East Royal Family AND Billy Smart.....

Not a fan of ice-cream cars, though, but each to their own.

What's it worth, Boys?

02-03-2021-rg-05.jpg

Not seen that display in the instrument cluster before, wonder what it shows?

560-SEC-104.jpg

Left hand drive so not sure just how much interest there will be.

Looks very good from the outside, but I wouldn't say the upholstery was lovely; either a bit tasteless garish pimpmobile, or of its time, depending on whether you like it or not.

Looks lovely (although colour scheme wouldn’t be my first choice), but a few things about the ad make me feel slightly uneasy.

• The first owner was ‘connected’ to the Doha royal family apparently. What was the connection and is there any proof?
  • The service history has been ‘misplaced’ and in its place there is something from the Smart family saying it’s been well looked after. Hmm…
  • Also, if it’s been in the family until last year, and serviced, surely it can’t be too hard to go back to whoever did the work and get duplicate invoices for the work done?
  • ‘Within the last few years, the car was put through a recommissioning service, when the engine oil was changed, and the air-conditioning system was re-gassed.’ When, precisely? If they had proof of this, they would know exactly when it was done. Also, since when does ‘recommissioning’ mean simply changing the oil and re-gassing the a/c?. (If other stuff was done at this ‘service’, why not mention it?)
  • In the extensive gallery of pics, why not include some of whatever paperwork they’ve got?
I dunno, perhaps I’m just being unfair and cynical!

Probably worth around 10 grand+.

This is just my opinion but C126's are overvalued for some reason and the coupe design to my eyes is flawed with the rear quarter side windows being too long. Mercedes rectified the design issue with the C140 which is a better proportioned coupe design.

Maybe Mercedes should have used rear side window louvres like they did in the C107 (slc) or just made the C126's doors longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom