C140 cl600 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It is undoubtedly a very good looking example of the car with a lot going for it. The market is tiny and I'm not entirely sure of what AMG have added apart from kit. Given some of the dross being punted around at higher prices doesn't make it well-priced, but it's going to be pretty unique.

I had until last week been utterly indifferent to the C140 thinking it gross and ill-proportioned. Then I saw one in the flesh and became utterly besotted.

Looks like just the bodykit and wheels from amg. Obsidian black suits the c140. :thumb:

Guess you're paying for provenance and mileage. There are a couple about few grand less...but that does look the best..by far!!

Admittedly this one is a CL 500 rather than the 600, but for half the price & still a lovely looking thing if its anything like as nice as the pictures Mercedes CL500 W140 model low mileage For Sale (1998) on Car And Classic UK [C524069]

The 600 looks amazing & does tempt me. I previously owned a 420 in that shape so have no issues about its looks, my only issue with the AMG body kit is how prominent it makes the rear parking sensors. They blend much more seamlessly without that kit. Personal touch I know, but it would irritate me !

I had an invoice with mine for a new windscreen wiper motor fitted by Mercedes. Including labour & VAT it came to an eye watering 1,800 so I agree the big bills can soon come along. (My current 600 CL has had about 6k spent on it in the past year, so it's clearly a CL family trait!)

To be clear on my post above, the 1800 was for a new wiper motor on a 420 CL C140, which at the time was about a third of the value of the car.

Whoops!! Lovely cars though!.

Yes, seen the 500. Great price and looks immaculate! Guess that's why questions on value of the AMG 600. They're all still pretty rare so good buys whatever!

The black CL500 on Car and Classics was bought by the trader via ebay a good 7-10 months ago.

They paid approx two grand for it, it was an absolute bargain!

Monkey see, monkey want! Sadly, though, Monkey Mrs. say no...

I had an invoice with mine for a new windscreen wiper motor fitted by Mercedes. Including labour & VAT it came to an eye watering 1,800 so I agree the big bills can soon come along. (My current 600 CL has had about 6k spent on it in the past year, so it's clearly a CL family trait!)

Our 600 had a bill from Mercedes for a new engine. Price was just shy of £22,000 and that was about 15 years ago...

Couldn't get one on ebay then???......!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom