C180 2013 canbus fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RSAtech

Car
Mercedes c180 2013
good day all,

i have a 2013 C180 merc that is acting up.
what the car does, if you pull out of the shop and you give it a bit off gas then the handbrake light comes one tells you that you are driving with the handbrake on the power steering stops working an the airbag light comes on, this lasts for about 3 seconds then all the lights goes off and then everything is fine again but the car has no power at all but there is no warning lights on if you switch the car off and start it again then she runs fine, we first suspected that its the battery we tested the battery and found it to be dead so we replaced it and its still doing the same thing. i inspected the ECU connectors for a pin that maybe pulled back but didn't find any did the same on the abs controller, i removed the left front carpet to inspect the can junction box (if you can call it that) but didn't find any moisture.

what can you suggest for me to have a look at?

thanks in advance

The output data from STAR

Did you do a full (global) scan, it could be a fault in another unit.
good day.
I did yes all of the dtc's are more or less the same can bus error and voltage error

good day all,

i have a 2013 C180 merc that is acting up.
what the car does, if you pull out of the shop and you give it a bit off gas then the handbrake light comes one tells you that you are driving with the handbrake on the power steering stops working an the airbag light comes on, this lasts for about 3 seconds then all the lights goes off and then everything is fine again but the car has no power at all but there is no warning lights on if you switch the car off and start it again then she runs fine, we first suspected that its the battery we tested the battery and found it to be dead so we replaced it and its still doing the same thing. i inspected the ECU connectors for a pin that maybe pulled back but didn't find any did the same on the abs controller, i removed the left front carpet to inspect the can junction box (if you can call it that) but didn't find any moisture.

what can you suggest for me to have a look at?

thanks in advance
the other problem is the car does not do the same with each person driving it. with the clients it only outs on the handbrake light with me it puts on the handbrake light power steering fails and looses power. with clients wife the vehicle puts on the handbrake light and the airbag light but does not loos power. the only common thing is the handbrake light.

we replaced the tracker yesterday but same story.

seems like we found the fault on the vehicle, we disconnected the aux battery and all of a sudden the rear lights did not work any more and the doors did not unlock, tested the battery and found it to be dead, replaced it and so far no problems yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom