C180 Auto AMG Sport Plus Delivered, Returned 60 miles.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had similar issues with a new Pug 407 - ended up with a new ECU.

Actually that car was fated from the word go. When it was delivered by the lease company they brought a 307 up from Guildford on a transporter. When I sent them home again with it, they were very concerned that they had ordered the wrong car.

Turned out to be a simple mistake - the yard had said the pug had come in, and she'd forgotten they had 2 on order...

Trust me you are being far better looked after compared to Pug dealers.

Would love to know if the OP got his car sorted (or had other issues).....

Would love to know if the OP got his car sorted (or had other issues).....

I just picked the car up today :eek:)

IMG_1.JPG

Fairplay to the dealer. I was greet by the sales director, who introduced me to the workshop manager, then the actual mechanic who sorted out the misfire problem.

He explained that an injector failure was so rare on a new car that he submitted a service report to Mercedes, and they have replied asking for a full report. Something like that anyway.

Because it was raining outside (heavy), I thought I wasn't going to get a proper look at the paintwork, but they were ahead of me on that one, the car was just being dried off for me to inspect. It was nicely detailed. The engine bay had been detailed too, to a higher standard that the original collection, i.e. "blacked up" rather than just "clean".

The car was gleaming.

I don't know if I mention this earlier in the thread, but during the few minutes I actually had the car at home originally, I noticed a small hairline scratch on one headlamp lens. They replaced the full unit, even though he admits they had to look hard to see the scratch.

Then the sales director took me right through a new car handover, because the last one didn't count lol. He covered everything.

Then he went off and came back with a huge, expensive, bunch of flowers for my better half. Then he handed over a voucher for an expensive meal for two at a very nice restaurant.

Car looks great, drove home great.

Would not hesitate to use dealer again.

C-Class merc (2012) so far seems to me, to be a higher build quality than the 2008 3 Series I had. Ride is far superior over speed cushions, that's worth the upgrade on it's own.

So, yeh, happy now :eek:)

Last edited:
Superb customer service from an MB main agent - how rare (and laudable!) is that!!

Glad everything was sorted to your satisfaction,credit to the dealer in the way they've handled it-name & praise?

Pleased it got sorted out ok. The dealer sounds like they did well! :)

Nice one....many happy miles of motoring :)

Mercedes-Benz of Edinburgh
Salesman Derek Cartner. Sales Director Murray. Mechanic Dougie. (That's not the whole team, just the guys that I dealt with lol)

When I had to use MB roadside recovery, he even bypassed the system to get me a replacement car from his own dealership, driven to my door by him the next morning at 0830.

I can't think of many people who would have done that.

Last edited:
:bannana: For MB Edinburgh.

A shining light of customer service in the sea of dross reported lately.

good to hear MB dealer doing the right thing, and doing well and with some style

Excellent result!

How are you finding the C180? We are looking at buying one and I would love to hear how you are getting on with it and how you find the engine..

I have a deal of £26k for a new one with a couple of options (hi-fi, media interface and heated seats)

Is that a good deal?

How are you finding the C180? We are looking at buying one and I would love to hear how you are getting on with it and how you find the engine..

I have a deal of £26k for a new one with a couple of options (hi-fi, media interface and heated seats)

Is that a good deal?

LOL, I've only driven less than 100 miles, so I am not best placed to answer that question.

I paid a fair bt more than 26k though, mine is the AMG sport plus, black belts, debadged, no media interface, no heated seats, pano roof.

:bannana: For MB Edinburgh.

A shining light of customer service in the sea of dross reported lately.

Agreed. I haven't heard of this standard of customer service since before "The Great Reorganisation" before which this sort of service was par. Those were days :)

I'm having a few issues with mine which was delivered last Wednesday. Rear parking sensors have a range of about 2cm, Spurious Airbag Failure and Parking Brake warnings, Screen and Dash go off when doors lock as you set off and Media Interface doesn't detect my iPod when connected. A phone call on monday methinks.

After cancelling a previous car that was going to be delayed until March next year and waiting 4 months for this one, its certainly knocks the edge off that new car feeling...

One thing at a time:

Parking Sensors - Are you looking at the display, they only make noises when you are very close to the item, until then you are meant to look at the displays.

Airbag - needs to be looked at

Brake - Is the hand brake completely off for sure?

Screen & Dash - normal to go off when you lock up?

Media Interace - could be a compatibility issue... one to speak to the dealer about.

Dealers are always kissing **SE when buying.....different story later on down the road, im not saying ALL are like that but most.

Well done to the dealership, they did all the right things even though the problem wasn't of their making. Mistakes happen, it's all part of life, how people behave when the wheels come off is what matters. Sounds like they've got themselves a loyal customer from now on.

Cheers,

Gaz

And so it goes on....

The windscreen washers are not operating. Can't even hear the motor working when I press the button.

Okay so here's a free tip for all new Mercedes owners.

Push PAST the point of resistance with the washers. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom