C180 Coils

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rajinder_1

Car
01' Designo SL320 , 96' C36 AMG, 98' C43 AMG Estate 19' Focus & 96' ZX6R Ninja
Hey Guys,

i have a quick question... i want to change my prings in the 96 c class, i had it lowered with a sports kit with 40 mil drop and bilstien shock a while ago.
I no longer want it that low and want some comfort back but still want the car to look good.
Can i buy the esprit or sport coils and replace the springs or would i need to replace the shocks aswell?
if i can just replace the springs do you know what springs to use and where to get them from?????

Thanks

Raj

If you have the bilstein sports shocks they have a shorter travel than the standard ones. You might get away with changing the springs to progressive rate" lowering "ones rather than the "uprated" ones you may have now. I think Ventura [ECP]do a lowering rather than uprated spring such as H and R. The whole territory is a minefield since handling/ride comfort is best achieved with matched spring/shock absorber combinations and manufacturers spend millions trying to get that elusive characteristic correct.

I've got a set of 1995 C180 Sports springs / cups / shocks.

They were kindly given to me from another MBClub member but I never fitted them, you can have them if you can collect from near Oundle.

Send a PM if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom