C180 Elegance - Fuses & Relays - Electrical Problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Giggler

Car
C180 Elegance
Hi,

I have been experiencing some weird but not wonderful electrical troubles. It started with having no dash/instrument cluster or indicators then, after driving some 48 miles, I went over a bump and the dash came to life with all lights blazing and lots of clicking from behind the dash and the display flickering. Got home, switched off the engine but the dash display was still on. (oh, and whilst I was driving the lights were on even though the switch was positioned at 0).

That was some 4 days ago. Since then it has started, then it hasn't. The indicators have worked, then they haven't. The dash has come to life, etc., etc. - you get the picture. The fuses have been checked and all ok so I have come to the conclusion it must be a relay. But which one? My son has found what he thinks are 3 faulty relays but, not having a schematic showing what each relay is for, it's been kinda hit and miss.

Does anybody have, or can advise me, what each relay is for? I think I may have worked it out by looking up the part numbers - 0025421119 appears to be for fuel pump, flasher, horn, indicators and boot and 0025421419 appears to be for headlight, wiper and brake lights.

Dunno. I'm going round in circles :crazy:. Help!!

Apologies for the epic length of this :)

What year is your C180, is it a W202 / W203 / W204?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom