C180 Kompressor advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

terrywogan

Car
C220
Hello All,

I have just picked up a mint condition 2006 C180, 96k, FSH, Silver+leather, £1500 which I thought was a good price. It's going to be a present for my wife who has an old Volvo V70 at the moment.

Are there any things I need to be aware of with this car to keep an eye on or check before she starts using it?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Timing gear

Oil in loom

Front passenger seat SRS

Vacuum pipes and breather under air filter box

Last edited:
Timing gear

Oil in loom

Front passenger seat SRS

Vacuum pipes and breather under air filter box

Hmmm some of these faults sound rather expensive... was actually considering picking up one of these cars!

Hmmm some of these faults sound rather expensive... was actually considering picking up one of these cars!

These are the potential/typical issues to look for on the C180K... but not all C180K owners experience them.

Every model of car has its own potential/typical issues - knowing what they are will help avoid/prevent them.

These are good cars, had one for 9 years, now sold to another forum member and still going strong.

Incidentally... like with any car many other things can go wrong, from faulty MAF sensor to broken springs etc. There's always an inhetent risk of faults developing when owning any car, new or old, but the C180K is far from being the worst if them.

Last edited:
Having a C180K myself, I like markjay's pragmatic view. Every car has it's problems and you could drive yourself crazy trying to find one that hasn't. I sometimes think it would be better for peace of mind to not know what the common faults are until they happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom