C180 kompressor engine loom connections

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

King03sh

Car
Ford focus cmax
Hi boys and girls,

I unfortunately have fallen foul of three major common faults on my vehicle.
My cam magnets leaked which I was aware of and ordered replacements plus blocking looms. Unfortunately the issue is pretty bad having accumulated at the lambda sensor connector and wicked up to the ecu. Fortunately the ecu seems ok and little oil has got to the connector.

As some of you will be aware I have stripped the valve cover to check the timing and found the dreaded stripped camshaft teeth so while iv been dealing with that iv been cleaning the loom connections and hoping the worst of the oil will work its way out.

Iv also had to remove the supercharger to access the three perished breather pipes that also often fail.

While I have all of this apart, Im considering just replacing the loom as iv already had to disconnect the vast majority of the connections in and around the engine bay, only the ac, lambda, starter motor and gearbox connections remain as far as I can tell.

Does anyone know where the engine loom terminates? I assume there will be a multi plug somewhere to the fuse boxes and instrument cluster? I havent got that far yet but am going through the process of chasing the wiring back and disconnecting everything part by part.

As im already in there and merc want just shy of £300 for the replacement loom I figure its worth killing 3 birds with one stone. I will try to remove the loom and give it a more thorough clean before I spend my hard earned on a replacement but I fear its probably to far gone for that.

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom