C180 sportcoupe rear seats (only 2!!!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cplnoonoo

Car
Merc C180K Sportcoupe SE
Am i correct in saying that my c180 sportcoupe only officially has 2 seats in the rear as there is only 2 seat belts that i can see but there is room in the middle for another person?

I assumed that there would be 3 seatbelts if there is meant to be 3 people accomodated in the back and if there isnt why didnt mb make use of the space for an arm rest or cupholder combination sort of thing?

Seems awfully weird for a car this size.

Rear Seats

Yes you are correct the seats are designed for two persons and only two seat belts are provided.

Regards

Springer

Weird but true my friend, space for three, belts for two.

I would have thought that it would be classed as a wasted space then so its a mystery why they didnt fit an armrest or something. Its not as if its a weight saving measure as the car is already prefty heavy anyway.

Would have made sense to fit an armrest or something alike even if it folded into the back rest part. Unlike the mercedes logic me thinks lol.

Do those rear seats fold down?
If so, how flat is the total load area.

Just curious, thanks.

Yep

they do fold down, but only onto the seats, so its fairly flat, but I don't recall that you can flip up the seats to make it perfectly flat.

There is actually a reasonable load space as its a c class chasis hatchback

So, if you're driving along and have 5 in, it's obvious to the cops that you should only have 4 in, you should be stopped every time...

Ive only had 5 in it a few times for a couple of short town trips as i only got the car at the end of october and wasnt sure whether the belts had just got stuck down the back of the seats or something.

I was going to take another 4 people down into fife the other day but as i couldnt find the 5th belts and buckle i had to put off the trip as i wasnt about to have someone going through the windscreen in an accident etc.

With regards to the V5C surely this should be brought to DVLAs attention then as its inaccurate data? What about insurance - would that decrease my premium as theres not so many seats? At the moment my insurance is showing 5 seats when i got the quote so im not sure if thats fuel for them to void my insurance if i try to quote.

It might be a bit of a grey area in that circumstance as its not legal to carry 5 people but as the quote says so they technically cant say no to it but then the kind of can as its not legal to carry the 5 passengers. Obviously if i only had 4 people in it and had an accident then im not sure what their excuse would be for voiding based on having 5 passengers in the quote lol. Just food for thought really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom