C180 suspension 'clonking' noise on rough ground

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

racjpc

Hi, I recently bought a 2001 C180 and noticed a 'clonking' noise from the right front suspension. It is noticeable when the right front wheel drops into a hole in the road or on rough ground. Seems worse if braking at the same time. The car is under warranty, so brought it to the garage and they replaced the anti-roll bushes. No joy. Back to the garage and they replaced the front shock absorber. No joy. Back again to the garage and they replaced the drop link. Still no joy. Before I go back again, has anyone got a suggestion as to the problem?

The garage is a Peugot main dealer and reputable. I'm assuming they actually have changed the above parts!

Jim.

MAYBE THIS?? from the Honest John site on the W203
What to Watch Out For
Can suffer from aggravated wear of n/s front tyre. It's a good idea to have all four wheels laser-aligned to be sure. Also sensible to swap n/s front with o/s front after about 8,000 miles to even out wear. Accelerated front suspension bottom rose joint bush wear due to a design fault will normally be rectified under warranty. Leads to accelerated wear of front tyres. Here's a picture http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.as...620716.633&CT=F&cat=65F&SID=33&SGR=030&SGN=01

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom