c180 Temperature Rise Problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrRauf

Car
c180 - w203
Hi Everyone

Been viewing this forum since a few weeks now and hands down I have never learnt so much about MB in such a short time even though I have have my c180 for 9 years now! lol

Recently my c180 - w203 (2001) has been taking ages to warm up.
I have been reading around the forum and it seems like the problem is with the thermostat. However before changing the thermostat I was wondering could a low level of coolant/antifreeze be the problem? As the coolant is slightly low from required amount (+ Coolant has been changed since a few years now)

Your views and help will be appreciated

Thanks in advance!

Old coolant will take slightly and it is very slightly longer to warm up

Sounds like your thermostat is the problem

Change your coolant along with the thermostat

Welcome MrRauf.I had the same problem and actualy just replaced my thermostat on my 2006, C class today.Had this for a few weeks and decided it was time to get it sorted.Bought the new thermostat from Eurocarparts at £12.90.Job was straight forward and easy, took about 20 mins although the new part was a little bit tight to fit.I filed it down a little on the edges and sanded down with fine wet and dry until it fitted.refilled with already mixed coolant and jobs done.Car now runs at just over 80 degrees.there is a video on youtube on how to do it.The video is not in english but is easy to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom