C180 W202 Idle problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KAE 342W

Car
C180 W202 1995
Hello everyone. I am back with a new issue. Finally managed to get the central locking issue solved: bannana: This gives me the time to look into other issues with this car. There is a problem with the idling. It starts with a little difficulty and then the idling is very erratic playing around between 1000 rpm to zero, even stalling if the accelerator pedal is not kept pressed slightly. When the temperature gets to about 65 degrees C, it suddenly goes to about 800 to 900 RPM and sits there perfectly. Totally stable! Someone has advised me to replace the actuator but since I have found that this is very expensive, I have opted for further advise from my friends here before I haste into an expensive repair that may not solve the problem I have. Please help!

I appreciate it may not be the same, but in the past I've had some success with taking the idle screw out and spraying the IAC valve with throttle body cleaner. - That de-gunked it enough that it could effectively control the air bypass for cold idle again.

As a rule of thumb; I always try cleaning parts before replacing them.

That sounds like good advise. Will try that tomorrow. Thank you so much. Will revert with the outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom