C180 w202 revving high

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercy_c180

Car
Mercedes-Benz C180 Esprit
Hi folks, I have a 1997 c180.

The problem is, the car is revving high, it goes to around 2000rpm then drops, it doesnt drop revs intantly it will rev for a short while, it only does this when the engine is at a warm temperature around 80'c. I have also noticed that when i rest my foot over the brake pedal, not pressing it, just shadowing it, when it revs high, the pedal drops slightly, when the revs drop the pedal returns slightly back up.

What can this be? Ive looked for air leaks but cant spot any.

Any help guys.

cheers.

Anyone got any ideas? Its now stopped doing this and decided to idle at around 700rpm but then drops to 500rpm as though its going to cut out.

Oh right, I have got a light that keeps appearing on the dashboard, but the owners manual says thats for low coolant level, I have checked this and it is fine, does this light mean anything else other than what the manual says?

Can anyone see this thread haha? :p

As above would fuel pump cause this, as thinking about it, the car is acting like its got fuel starvation, such as, the revs to begin with, and now the revs have changed to just dropping as though its going to cut out, and when I put my foot down (not thrashing the car may I add) it had a split second lag, then the power is there.

Has anyone got any ideas at all, help/ideas would be greatly appreciated :thumb:.

Well I tried the maf by unplugging it, and it ran worse. So it cant be that........any other ideas I can try, this is doing my head in now, anyone got any ideas please!

best think is get it hooked up and read codes taker five min at local indie with star

it could be many things such as faulty brake light switch under brake pedal

also maf

also fuel pump blocked fuel filter as or have you ever changed it they get forgotten about

so codes read is best thing too so

Yeah I will have to get it hooked up.

I changed the fuel filter about a week ago cause I thought it might be that, but no change.

Cheers for reply.

Other than getting it plugged in for diagnostics, which Mercedes want £96 for the first hour then £106 each hour after (cheaper else where I know) Has anyone got a clue to this as the lag has got worse now aswell.

Still getting this problem, its not as annoying now though as im used to it haha. Im going to be getting it booked in for diagnostic as soon as I get chance to do so.

Also what do other w202 c180 drivers achieve MPG? This one is returning 40-45mpg, and sometimes more? Is that normal or have I got a rare one haha.

That mileage per gallon is exceptional, I feel. My C200 averages about 30 mpg, I guess, with a mixture of traffic and open road.

Still getting this problem, its not as annoying now though as im used to it haha. Im going to be getting it booked in for diagnostic as soon as I get chance to do so.

Also what do other w202 c180 drivers achieve MPG? This one is returning 40-45mpg, and sometimes more? Is that normal or have I got a rare one haha.

Buy a new calculator, because youre not getting 40-45MPG.

35 tops! Ive had 3 C180's and not one has done anything more than 35.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom