C180 w203 Strange noise from the LEFT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mDx

Car
C180
Hello everyone i have a problem, i hear some kind of noise when i turning right on left front side like it touching something or ticking noise, i don't think its cv joint as i dunno if it has one its rwd anyways. And it could not be tie rod as it just replaced to a new one. Any ideas what could it be?
Thank you

Jack that wheel up and see if there is any up and down or sideways movement to check the wheel bearing.
You may just have a small stone trapped in the guard and its catching the brake disc when turning.
Have you got a local MB indy who can give the car a quick once over to check out the problem?

Jack that wheel up and see if there is any up and down or sideways movement to check the wheel bearing.
You may just have a small stone trapped in the guard and its catching the brake disc when turning.
Have you got a local MB indy who can give the car a quick once over to check out the problem?

Checked already no stone is trapped. it just passed NCT with this noise and i am sure they checked up and down and all that kind of stuff, because it wasn't ncted for a long time! they took a good hour on checking the car

Parking brake rubbing on the prop is a common one.

No the parking brake is on the rear wheels as per usual but the clips holding its operating cable as it runs along the transmission tunnel can break, allowing the cable to rub on the propshaft. This can cause all manner of weird noises and as BlackC55 says, is a common fault.

No the parking brake is on the rear wheels as per usual but the clips holding its operating cable as it runs along the transmission tunnel can break, allowing the cable to rub on the propshaft. This can cause all manner of weird noises and as BlackC55 says, is a common fault.

But would i not hear it at all times tho if that is so?

Not necessarily. Just as things like glasses and coins inside the car can move around under cornering, so can an unrestrained cable underneath.

Agree with above... Check your handbrake cable . There is a blue coloured clip that holds it near the top of gearbox and this often breaks causing cable to rub on propshaft. Common fault

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom