c180k coupe upgrades?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sean95

Car
C180K
Looking into upgrades but cant seem to find a answer directed at me personally, apreciate some knowledge of experience please!

its a C180k coupe... 2004 model, whats the best way to get more power/torque so i can get the 0-60 time down?

remapping?
pulley kits?
crank something is it?

Replys appreciated, cheers
Sean.

It seems that remapping on its own does little to boost performance on the M271 (in spite of promises made by some tuning firms).

K&N air filter and free-flow exhaust will not help much either.

A pulley kit will help, because it will increase the pressure provided by the Kompressor.

However it is not cheap and at any rate there is a limit to this as well. The more powerful M271 variants - 200k and 230k - produce 165 and 192 bhp respectively through a larger kompressor and reduced compression ratio, neither are an easy aftermarket upgrade.

So in short it is not easy to get significant increase in power from the M271 180k 143bhp engine. A better bet would be a 200k or 230k car.

The worlds favorite auction has a pulley for it :)

MERCEDES KOMPRESSOR TUNING KIT Eaton M65 +30PS slk clk e c t klasse 180 200 230 | eBay

I had the same model and engine you had as a company car, was at an engineering company at the time and nearly put a pulley on it as fitting would have cost a pack of beers, but couldn't find a pulley. The servicing company wasn't Merc so the leasing company was unlikely to have spotted it. The power increase of the chip is stupidly low, probably gain the same using vpower. I guess if you did everything, pulley, chip, etc. the gains would be ok.

Have you got the Evolution pack, as i remember the sports suspension exhaust note to be pretty good?

Last edited:
Cheers for the replys, might have to see if its easy to change a pulley myself!

No evo pack to my knowledge

Sean.

moral of the story, enjoy what you've got... Thanks for that, ill just stick to modding the outside, alot of help :)

Cheers,
Sean

They did use this engine in the F3 racing cars for awhile maybe look in that direction

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom