C180k Electrical Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just a quick update, I did my back in the other week so ended up with the garage fitting a new alternator for me. It appears to have solved the problem but on getting the car home the EML light came on. Running ok, not sure if it's related to an alternator change
Back where I started needing a garage to read the codes.

I'm sure this bloody car will cost me more in repairs this year then I paid for it.

Howard I am in RM16 postcode area I have an Icarsoft MB2, if you come to me I will read the codes and reset?

Howard I am in RM16 postcode area I have an Icarsoft MB2, if you come to me I will read the codes and reset?

Appreciate the offer, I can do that when are you free.?

Personally I don't thinks its a big issue but my wife drives it more than I do and is worried that it'll pack up while she is out with the kids.

Free today or evening after 6.00 ish?
pm me for contact details!

A big thanks to Joesoap17 for checking and clearing the fault code for me. From what we could tell it was the 19V over-voltage that occurred a week or so ago.

All good at the moment, now just need to sort out the non working indicator light mounted in the wing mirror.

A big thanks to Joesoap17 for checking and clearing the fault code for me. From what we could tell it was the 19V over-voltage that occurred a week or so ago.

All good at the moment, now just need to sort out the non working indicator light mounted in the wing mirror.

Howard

Re the indicator in the mirror.

Check the mirror cover is properly fitted, if it has moved ,even slightly then the indicator will not work. If it is the LED strip then I believe these are replaceable.

David

Howard

Re the indicator in the mirror.

Check the mirror cover is properly fitted, if it has moved ,even slightly then the indicator will not work. If it is the LED strip then I believe these are replaceable.

David

Cheers, its been a bit temperamental since getting the car. Usually a good whack gets it working again. Will take a look this afternoon.

This may help:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good news and bad news.

The indicators are now all working but the EML light is back on.

Icarsoft MB2 now on order.

Good news and bad news.

The indicators are now all working but the EML light is back on.

Icarsoft MB2 now on order.
Now Howard, come on!

You cannot have it fast, cheap and accurate :)

Thought it may come back, think its emissions related?

MB2 arrived, software updated and plugged in.

Using the Merc route on the unit it doesn't find any fault codes even though the EML light is on. No idea why...

Using the generic OBD route it showing a P0101 fault, relating to Mass or volume air flow.

Anyone know what this is.

I'd be checking/cleaning all the earths, especially those on the wings and fitting a new/additional earth strap to the engine. If you have a multitester check them before and after. I found the earths drive the electrics crazy when bad.

It always amazes me the length other members will go to help out with problems.
I love this forum as much as I love my car, but don't tell the wife!

Checked all of the earth connections cleaned and refitted. I've reset the fault code and its reappears again after about 20 minutes of driving.

Bought a replacement MAF sensor, just need to get it fitted now.

By the way if anyone wants codes read on their Merc and they want to drop by they can make use of my reader. I'm in Roydon, Essex.

Fitted the new MAF sensor, cleared codes drove it for 20 minutes, EML light back on.

Read the codes P0101, MAF Issue.

Also have another problem now, as I pull away the dash indicator flashes that the rear doors are open when they aren't. Bloody car...

EDIT - Indicator has been ok though.

Howard,
Have a look at this web page may help process of elimination:
P0101 Trouble Code - Mass Air Flow (MAF) Circuit Range/Performance Problem
Door lock is likely issue with dash warning, try moving the striker plate a little one side at a time, if I remember correctly the door switch is inside the lock mechanism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom