C180K Sport Coupe W203 Break Light Fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjm1133

Car
C180K
Afternoon,

I hope you can help, I have an issue with my car where the break light works intermittently. I can be driving for half an hour and it may appear on the dashboard to say the break light isn't working, and it does in fact stop working. After returning to the car after work for example, it may well be working again only to then stop working during the journey.

I have changed the bulb a few times but this is clearly not the issue and have been looking around in hope of being able to find out what the problem is and how to fix it.

Thanks for any input, I hope I can finally get rid of this annoyance, as stated the car is W203, year 2005.

Examine the contacts in the plug to the rear unit and check for burning. I note that your car is a 203, but the 204s had a problem there and wonder if that is your problem. If there is some burning, the damaged parts need to be replaced.

Ernie

Examine the contacts in the plug to the rear unit and check for burning. I note that your car is a 203, but the 204s had a problem there and wonder if that is your problem. If there is some burning, the damaged parts need to be replaced.

Ernie

Is the bulb in question 21w/4w or 21w/5w? Also is it just one side or both?

Hi and thanks for your responses. I can confirm it is only one side though previously the other side did have the same issue which was resloved by a mechanic who I can no longer get in contact with to find out what the issue was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom