C200 (2010) front end squeak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DiNZi

Car
C200
Hi all,

So last week I noticed a squeak noise coming from the front right end when driving over speed bumps it's a faint noise, but noticeable.

I've had the usual knocking noise with cars before caused by the anti roll bar links, but this is a different noise hopefully nothing major will need changing.

It's much warmer than usual in London now days, no idea if that's got anything to do with it.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks. If I could get a few pointers on what I could check.

Hi all,

So last week I noticed a squeak noise coming from the front right end when driving over speed bumps it's a faint noise, but noticeable.

I've had the usual knocking noise with cars before caused by the anti roll bar links, but this is a different noise hopefully nothing major will need changing.

It's much warmer than usual in London now days, no idea if that's got anything to do with it.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks. If I could get a few pointers on what I could check.

Mine started doing this after I changed both bottom ball joints and torque arms! Turns out one of my top ball joints has dried out.

Mine started doing this after I changed both bottom ball joints and torque arms! Turns out one of my top ball joints has dried out.

'Following our telephone conversation, we currently have the following parts on order; front and rear discs and pads, front and rear shock absorbers, top mounts and front drop links.

I had these parts changed in January, so not 'that' long ago. It's almost as if something needs a little lubrication, definitely coming from the front end. I did a full lock to the right and checked if I could see anything wrong with the suspension coil/springs and they look in good condition still.

I plan to have a mechanic mate if I can get hold of anyone drive it and see what they think.

If I wanted to lubricate anything with a bit of WD40 and see if it has any good effect on it, where would I spray some?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom