C200 brake parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alphagemini

Car
Mercedes C200
I am replacing the front brake pads on my C200 2006 saloon. They are Lucas type with wear sensors. They seem to have no back plate to take copper grease.
Is this normal for these? the VIN number is WDC2030422R235899. Does anybody have an opinion concerning the best make, etc?

Thanks for any help

I am replacing the front brake pads on my C200 2006 saloon. They are Lucas type with wear sensors. They seem to have no back plate to take copper grease.
Is this normal for these? the VIN number is WDC2030422R235899. Does anybody have an opinion concerning the best make, etc?

Thanks for any help
Do you mean the old brake pads have no backplate ?
MB can be reasonable on brake parts . I have Brembo pads all round on both cars now after a good ECP deal .
You will get 101 answers on the “best” brake pad question :)

Do you mean the old brake pads have no backplate ?
MB can be reasonable on brake parts . I have Brembo pads all round on both cars now after a good ECP deal .
You will get 101 answers on the “best” brake pad question :)

The old ones seem to have what appears to be a back plate firmly sintered onto the pad body. The make was Jurid

Thanks for any help
Copper Grease Voids the Warranty.

Your model, is it the sports calipers or just regular?

you should just clean the ends of the piston caliper with brake cleaner and apply some Wurth Paste to the caliper piston, but only sparingly. The Shims are already attached from the factory. So you only need a gentle amount of paste to the sides, where they travel. Also known as the ears of the pads.

1609509044774.png
1609509062782.png

Copper Grease Voids the Warranty.
Copper Grease voids what warranty? I seem to remember that brake pads purchased from MB contain a pack of Copper Grease inside the box along with new caliper bolts etc.

Copper Grease voids what warranty? I seem to remember that brake pads purchased from MB contain a pack of Copper Grease inside the box along with new caliper bolts etc.
I'd like to see that.
Caliper bolts and sometimes anti rattle clips.
The shims on most mercedes are permanently fixed to the backing plate usually too.
They'll never include copper slip. They may include another sachet of paste which won't be copper slip.

Even Delphi won't refund if they see traces of copper slip on their pads.
It's a conductor of heat. Makes no sense to use the stuff.

I'd like to see that.

They may include another sachet of paste which won't be copper slip.
Yes a sachet of paste that looks and feels exceedingly like copper grease to me. Never occurred to me that it would be something else that looks like copper grease. That said, I haven't tackled changing my brake pads for over 5-years and maybe things have moved on since.

Last edited:
The Akebono carbon ceramic pads I bought were supplied with a tiny sachet of black (I assume Graphite) paste . It was not copper coloured or Aluminium based anti seize paste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom