C200 CDI: good or bad candidate for remapping?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gazzz

Am I right in thinking that a C200 CDI is the same engine as a C220 CDI but detuned? If so then would it be reasonable to presume that it should remap to the same power/torque as a remapped 220?

But are there other differences between a 200 and a 220 such as lower spec transmission and so on which would mitigate against remapping?

Any views gratefully received. :thumb:

I know that on Sprinters 311 & 313 where you got 20bhp diffrence there are no difrences in engines and trannies or others. Why there should be any diffrences in cars. After all those engines got specs with high tq so I would say as long you wont got crazy you should be fine.

What you want to achieve?

What do you mean by better performance? It could be 20bhp or 200bhp more so this is why I ask. You kind need to know what to expect. Did you drive models like 220CDI to compare? Then at least you will know what you will get after spending some of your money.

200bhp more on a 200CDI - I think that would be stretching it a little :eek:

Thanks for your response but it didn't answer my question. Yes, I've driven a 220 CDI but I've not asked what performance is possible.

My question was, assuming the engines are the same, with the 200 CDI being detuned, is it reasonable to presume that remapping a 200 CDI would make it effectively the same as a remapped 220 CDI?

Hi.
I used to have a s210 220CDI, and my friend have a C200 CDI. After a remap his car is definitely quicker than my E was when it was original. And I think it comes close to what the 220 was with the powerbox. My friend's C has a remap, not a powerbox.
He is very satisfied.

Looking at Superchips website, they say that a 200cdi can be tuned to give an extra 30bhp, which takes it to about the same bhp as a standard 220cdi...howver, torque is boosted to well above that of a 220cdi...hence a remapped 200 should be at least as quick, if not quicker than a standard 220..

However, a 220cdi can also be remapped to give about 30 bhp increase!!

From the information on Superchips website it seems that a remapped 200cdi will still have less power than a remapped 220cdi

What year of 200cdi? The latest ones are gaining 40bhp and over 100nm on the Superchips site! These have the same engine as the 220cdi just de-tuned.

i just had my c203 150bhp c220cdi remapped by angel..... goes like sh*t off a greased shovel now. should be running about 204bhp now :D sure feels like it is :) off the line I managed to beat an alfa 2.4 jdtm which runs just shy of 200bhp :)

What year of 200cdi?

Not one of the latest ones sadly. Mine is a 2004 C200 CDI (facelift).

The 200 is 120 bhp and 270 Nm/199 lb-ft whereas the 220 is 147 bhp and 340 Nm/251 lb-ft.

Last edited:
Angel do the same as the brabus chips roughly.... so on yours you sould get upto around 160bhp

what are the differences between the C200 and c220 (other than bhp)? Is it the ECU map or is there more to it?

Has anyone mapped the C200? I'd be very interested to know opinions on getting it done.

If the only difference between the 200 and 220 is the ECU mapping, why wouldn't putting the same remap into both engines produce the same power?

Generally the W204 c200cdi is single turbo whereas the c200cdi is twin turbo. Not sure on all variants.

i just had my c203 150bhp c220cdi remapped by angel..... goes like sh*t off a greased shovel now. should be running about 204bhp now :D sure feels like it is :) off the line I managed to beat an alfa 2.4 jdtm which runs just shy of 200bhp :)
Have you noticed any difference in MPG ?

I've just come across a C200 near me for sale so I've just been investigating if its the same engine as the C220 and it does seem that it is right down to the injector part numbers.
So it would be no problem to bump it up to high 160's BHP.;)

EDIT: BUT just been on a remap site and they can take the C200 to 168hp and the C220 to 195hp so that would suggest there is a difference.
ECU is different according to tuning site.

Last edited:
The basic engine is the same, but the W204 C200 is single turbo, C220/250 is twin turbo.

On the w204s the 200cdi has different injectors as well and didn't require the recalls for new injectors.

Last edited:
Picking up on this thread as its really interesting.

Ive got a C200 Blue-CY Sport CDI A 2010 (whatever all that means) estate with c.75k on the clock. It's used as a family car, daily driver etc and I love it! I want to keep the car as its relatively cheap to run but I have noticed a non-smooth power delivery and I would love a bit more power if possible. Ive had the injectors replaced c.6 months ago and kept well on top of all the greasy stuff. Im thinking of a remap but don't know anything about what's possible. Can anyone advise on the following:

Possible Risks
Power increase (BHP/Nm)
Recommendations on who can remap
Rough costs
Effect on long-term life of engine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom