C200 Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thrash

Car
C205 C200 Coupe
Hi guys

Potentially looking at switching to a C200 Coupe with the 9G auto box. Whats this engine like? I know the 220d engine well and cant really justify another diesel, also want something a bit more refined so the 2.0 petrol engine makes more sense.
I can see with the C200 auto you can select a sport exhaust system as a no cost option, does this make any difference?

How about fuel consumption? I'm not expecting miracles from it but an average over 35mpg would be good, I tend to do a mix of city and motorway driving and in my 200d im averaging around 45mpg. Previously had an M140i which was averaging 31mpg and was always filling up but that was partially down to the small tank too I think.

Also, regarding the doors, are they especially long? I had a VW Scirocco before and those doors were very long, I would often struggle to get out of fairly average sized car parking spaces with a car parked either side.

Thanks - it would be the 9G RWD, this must be a new addition because im sure I read that previously the C200 was only available with the 7G.

I've got one with the 7g gearbox and it's OK, I get 34 mpg during the winter and about 37 mpg summer, it will do 45 mpg on a motorway anytime .
The doors are long, you have to watch where you park, also you sit very low so you can't see any of the corners I wish I'd had the 360 camera.
It's a bit of a pain for parking and the boot opening is small making some things difficult to carry. Also getting in and out of the back is difficult .
After all that I do like the car but practical it isn't..

I've got one with the 7g gearbox and it's OK, I get 34 mpg during the winter and about 37 mpg summer, it will do 45 mpg on a motorway anytime .
The doors are long, you have to watch where you park, also you sit very low so you can't see any of the corners I wish I'd had the 360 camera.
It's a bit of a pain for parking and the boot opening is small making some things difficult to carry. Also getting in and out of the back is difficult .
After all that I do like the car but practical it isn't..

Thanks for the reply! That mpg sounds about what I was expecting, I'd hope it would be a bit better with the 9G too. I had a test drive but unfortunately could only find a 250d - I really liked the car itself though. I was a bit hesitant changing from a practical hatch to a coupe but it's only me and the missus at the minute so I figured why not!
Does yours have the 'sporty engine sound' and 'sports exhaust'? I was curious to see what that was like.

No, I don't think it does, my car was one of the first ones built and I don't think it's got a sports exhaust..
To be honest the engine doesn't sound particularly nice if you push it but it really quite just driving about.
I had a Focus ST before this and that sounded a lot better being pushed.

I'm on my 2nd C200 Petrol and the 1st with the 9G box.
The engine is powerful enough for my needs but can be a little noisy under heavy acceleration.
I mainly drive a/b roads on a 30mile commute and will get 40mpg in the summer. On the motorway, you can get up to 45mpg, however, if you drive any speed above the motorway limits this will soon tumble.

I think sports exhaust is optional on the C200 but standard on the C300 (coupes)

There’s no sports exhaust option for a C200, they all sound the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s no sports exhaust option for a C200, they all sound the same

Really? On the configurator when you add the 9G auto it automatically adds “sporty engine sound” and “sports exhaust”?

Really? On the configurator when you add the 9G auto it automatically adds “sporty engine sound” and “sports exhaust”?

Sporty engine sound [emoji23] there’s definitely no option for it, you do get what they’re apparently calling a sports exhaust with the auto, but it doesn’t sound anything like the system in the 300

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom