C200 D no Android auto or car play

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimmyliv

Car
Mercedes c class c200 d saloon
Afternoon,
Sorry if this isnt the correct place for posting.

I've just bought a 69 plate Mercedes C200 D SE Saloon. My first Mercedes.

I'm trying to get the Android Auto and/or Carplay but it doesn't appear in the connect menu. Neither AA or Carplay show there. Just the Mercedes-Link.

When I plug my Samsung S20 or my iPhone 7 in nothing happens - using the correct USB cable (I've tried multiple). The Samsung does show up in the Mercedes Link window but says its not compatible... But No AA or Carplay shows in the menu which is what I really want.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Your W205 C200d facelift will have either the basic Audio20 infotainment system with the optional Garmin Map Pilot navigation on SD-Card, or the higher-end COMAND Online NTG5.5 system with built-in navigation on internal HDD. Do you know which one you have?

Thanks for the reply,

It has the infotainment - does that mean it doesn't have AA or Carplay then? That's s shame.
I thought all Mercedes newer than 2018 had it.

I think mine has the satnav on an sdcard and somebody told me this means I have an infotainment as opposed to command.

What is mbux? I can't find it on the play store.

Your W205 C200d facelift will have either the basic Audio20 infotainment system with the optional Garmin Map Pilot navigation on SD-Card, or the higher-end COMAND Online NTG5.5 system with built-in navigation on internal HDD. Do you know which one you have?
Thanks for the reply,

It has the infotainment - does that mean it doesn't have AA or Carplay then? That's s shame.

Thanks for the reply,

The W205 C-Class pre-facelift had the COMAND NTG5*2 Infotainment system that didn't support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

The facelift model got the newer NTG5.5 which does have native support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, but from memory it was an option and needed activation.

If you contact www.comandonline.co.uk or email them with your VIN at [email protected], they will be able to tell you if Apple CarPlay and Android Auto require activation and will provide a quote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom