C200 Elegance S-Reg (W202) Wheels/Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

UniqueTouch

Car
ML350 Inspiration W163
Hi all,

I have a C200 Elegance on an S-Reg 1999 (W202) and really want to upgrade the wheels.

It currently has standard Mercdes 15" Alloys on there with 195/65/15 Tyres. I think these were standard with the car.

There are 2 sets of wheels I am interested in and have to make a decision by tommorrow night as to which ones to get.

Choice 1:
Wheels: Original AMG Alloy 7.5Jx17H2 ET35
Tyres: 225/45/17

Choice 2:
Wheels: Replica AMG Split RIM Alloy 8Jx18" ET35
Tyres: 225/40/18

I have worked out the tyre sizes by using the Tyre Calculator

Can someone tell me if the wheels will fit without any problems and if the tyre sizes I have specified are correct for them. If they are wrong please let me know what they should be.

Will it ruin the smooth ride I currently have or play havoc with the suspension. I don't think it would as I think you could upgrade to 17" alloys when purchasing the car from Merc. I would prefer the 18" as it would fill the arches better hopefully.

I am grateful for your help with this.

Many thanks in advance

Hi
I have just recently fitted the replica 17'' AMG split rims on my C200. They are 215/45/17 and fit fine. The car has also been lowerd by 40mm and the ride is still good. I dont know how much you are going to pay for the split rims but a company called wheel base do them with tyres and locking nuts for £670.

Thanks phillamy for the info - my car isn't lowered so hopefully the ride will be ok.

I've ended up buying a set of relica AMG 18" Aero style rims from ebay.

I have also picked some new tyre for it...225/40/18 Toyo T1-S Proxies via ebay from "Wheelbase Ltd" ;)

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom