C200 kompressor supercharger - M271

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NathQ

Car
C200 kompressor coupe
Hi all,

Tuning in from Berlin here, as need some advice in EN. Recently picked up a 2002 c200 kompressor, with the M271 engine. Wanted to change the supercharger pulley to a smaller one, as I understand it adds some power and torque. Only thing is, I am not sure which supercharger I have on this engine. Conscious of buying a pulley I cannot use. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Welcome to the forum Nathan:thumb:
The supercharger fitted to a C200K is an Eaton 327491. Mercedes Part number A271 09 02 780

Be aware that the M271 engine has a reputation for worn timing gear and potential expensive repairs.
Personally I wouldn't attempt to increase the power of this particular model.

Well worth a read

Welcome to the forum Nathan:thumb:
The supercharger fitted to a C200K is an Eaton 327491. Mercedes Part number A271 09 02 780

Be aware that the M271 engine has a reputation for worn timing gear and potential expensive repairs.
Personally I wouldn't attempt to increase the power of this particular model.

Well worth a read
Thanks for sharing this. I am reading with interest. Cheers

Thanks for sharing this. I am reading with interest. Cheers
Also with the M271 engine , check that the two front top of the engine cam magnets are not leaking oil into their electrical connections. The oil “can wick” along the wiring to the front ECU and down to the O2 sensor causing havoc .

I bought a 2005 C200 with the M271940 engine in September 2021.
Since then, I have had to carry out the repairs noted above in posts #2 #4 and #5.
I also had to change the thermostat (an easy job) and do quite a lot of other service work.
At around 94000 miles, the car had been poorly-maintained.

It may be that the cam solenoids have been replaced.
Likewise the camshaft gears, timing chain, chain tensioner and chain guides.
The gears wear badly, the chain stretches, the hydraulic tensioner wears ..... and the result can be disaster ... a wrecked engine.

Having sorted these important jobs, this is a great car to drive.

Check also your rear sub-frame for corrosion.
Mine wasn't affected - But many suffer from serious corrosion.

Hi all. I find myself here again. Have just noticed a rattling sound when I rev the engine of my C200 2002 kompressor coupe. Sometimes the car drives sluggish and other times it runs fine with no issues. Any advice would be welcome.

Hi, I would try to connect odb2 reader and see if any faults come up i have purchased a c180K 2005 m271 and I've had timing chain problems so I got that fixed, next I looked into getting more power for it but m271 engine is pretty limited to what you can get :( however I have fitted a boost guage to find out what the sc is making and with stock pulley max is 0.8 psi so found a cheap 62mm pulley on ebay that seemed to do the job now boosting 11psi without any remap and I can really feel a difference so far i would definitely say its worth the 100£ upgrade. :)

Rattling from the engine and variations in performance and power ....
Sounds very much like the problem I had with this same engine.
It came to the point where the engine would not start.
This was caused by wear on the cam-shaft sprockets, stretched timing chain and a failing chain tensioner.
It is vitally important that you get this checked out.
If the chain jumps a tooth (ot teeth), you are likely to wreck the engine.
An obd2 reader may detect the effects of variations in timing.
Removing the cam-shaft cover is the only way to be sure.
This video will be helpful:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do you know ... Has the timing chain / sprockets / tensioner / guide job already been done ?
Have the cam-shaft solenoids already been changed ?
I needed to do all these jobs on the M271 engine at around 90,000 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom