c200 miles per gallon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Turbo2ol2

Car
Mercedes e280 cdi sport
Hi all, can any of you guys / girls tell me what the manufactures stats are with regards to how many miles per gallon of petrol my c200 classic(1999) should be returning ?, it would appear that on the motorway I am getting 34.5 mile to the gallon and around town substantially less, makes me wonder what it is listed as supposed to be returning.
thanx all and regards ... Dave:crazy:

its an auto

WhatCar Review predicts these!
Urban 21.6
Extra Urban 39.2
Combined 30.1

Excellent than you , I think its running correctly then .. Reagards ,... Dave

My stats are approx 2mpg less than the c200, but have no idea in reality what I get, not alot I don't think.....

EDIT: I think I've worked it out I get about 30mpg, not bad really (c230k).....?!

Last edited:
I only get about 29 out of my 1999 c200 and that is mainly motorway driving:(

30mpg out of a 230k is impressive if it's mainly town work.
Not wanting to rain, but how did you work it out and do you always brim the tank?

Not wanting to rain, but how did you work it out and do you always brim the tank?

Not very techincally I must admit, a tenner does me about 60/70 miles, and no, very rarely do I fill it up, usually a tenner or £20 as and when.

Hi, I filled my tank fully and set the trip, i then ran my car to the lake district and back home, after this i then refuelled fully and the amount of miles on the trip was the total usage of the refuel, best regards ... Dave

Gina, mine does about the same, between 60 and 70 on a tenner, so sounds like they're running correctly :) its nice to have a comparison!

Dieselman, what does 'fill' mean?!................... It sounds expensive :crazy:

Dieselman, what does 'fill' mean?!................... It sounds expensive :crazy:

Ha ha :D

Ok, I'm not Dieselman but for me it's about £60 or so! :(
Luckily I don't need to drive it too often so used to spend that a week but now that's a month!:D

I genuinely dont think I've ever put more than £35 in mine in one go :eek:

I wish it was £60, it's closer to £75..:eek: But cheaper on Bio.:)

I haven't ever filled it up from below the red until it clicks, maybe I will next time round. Better get the credit card out (again!):rolleyes:

I always fill mine to the top then I check how many miles I have done when the tank light comes on.On my old C200 I could manage 300 miles to the tank on my CLK I get 250 miles,never really bothered with calculating the mpg.

I used to get 300miles (or just under) on a tankfull with my C200 around town.
Thats using the full to full method.
That works out to around 20mpg.

I get about 35mpg from my 99 C200. On a tankfull I get from home in Luton to work in Derby, run around there for the week, drive home and do my weekend running around then back to Derby, and run around all week again before filling up again to drive home.
Mine is a manual but I'm not sure how much difference in consumption there is between that and an auto

I've done a fair bit of mileage this year in my 2001 c200. Returns about 33mpg for motorway driving when i have my foot down and gives about 36mpg at 70mph. Driving in town in an auto is just ridiculous so i prefer not to maintain any mpg stats in my head!:crazy:

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom