C200 or C220 Diesel W204 MPG comparison

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ian8831

Car
C220 125 W204 Estate
I am looking to change my W204 C220 Diesel. I'm told that the C220 does a better mpg than the C200 Diesel - does anyone know if that's true?

thanks Ian

The C220 has lower emissions and better economy according to the official figures especially the later facelift models. C220 is twin turbo. so maybe its designed for good economy if you drive gently and more power if you drive it harder.
I wouldnt imagine a huge difference in normal use.

geraldrobins said:
The C220 has lower emissions and better economy according to the official figures especially the later facelift models. C220 is twin turbo. so maybe its designed for good economy if you drive gently and more power if you drive it harder. I wouldnt imagine a huge difference in normal use.

Is it? Thought the C250 was a sequential twin turbo and the C220 single turbo...I could be wrong.

Answer to my own question is C220 is twin turbo...never knew that before now.

For what it's worth, I'm getting good results with the c250 version, averaging around 60mpg since new 40k miles ago, about a quarter of which has been city commuting.

I am generally lucky to get over 45 from my c220, 2013 with 25k miles. Do a 30 mile each way commute of which 25 miles are motorway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom