C200 sport CDI boost problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rustylaaa

Car
2008 c200 sport CDI
Hi all I've got a 2008 c200 CDI 2.1 problem I've got is car starts an drives normal my problems start when I want to give it some power it's throwing it into limp mode so I plug it in an says fuel pressure to high so replaced all sensors on the fuel rail plus the high pressure pump an still the same
So I went to a local garage had it plugged in an went for a road test an seams as tho the boost is spiking to 2.9 bar then obviously cutting the power checked all the boost pipes can't see any signs of splits ect any 1 had the same issue. Thanks

Iam not sure what or where it is but is a 2008 c200 sport CDI 2.1

Sorry I've not got it to hand Iam not at home Iam at the misses house

Vin

Attachments

• IMG_20200520_094651.jpg
    IMG_20200520_094651.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Looks like you have an OM 646.811 ENGINE with a variable vane turbo-can't recall if its electrically or pneumatically adjusted but if there's something wrong with the variable vane actuator that might explain the overboost problem?

Just been to an indie garage had it on star an sayin I've got an ECU fault

Sounds expensive! glad you have tracked the fault down I suggested Turbo vanes sticking because of the overboost/ limp home mode. The electronic actuators can develop faults also - there's a worm drive gear in the actuator that wears out see these videos
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Its the qcv quality control valve by the sound of it as it happened om mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom