c200 valeo rad upgrade mod etc

Discussion in 'Engine' started by tonygardner, Apr 22, 2014.

1. tonygardner

tonygardner Active Member

Car:
    c200 d sport w205
    hi . looks like we are going to px our car, as there is a good chance that there is glyco in the transmission have spoke to a few people about it this morning, honest garages out there ;} , due to my working hours too many kids going to school etc etc, wife going to work , i can`t payout to have the atf changed then the rad and poss the gearbox to much money and time , so we are looking for v50 x type estate or another c class estate all diesels , did merc ever change the rad to stop this from happening if so from what year ,thanks tony

2. Auto-mobile

Auto-mobile Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2x c43 Amg clio 172 turbo 314bhp
    Effected years are 2003-early2004 cdi models, get a glycol test instead of fitting a part and finding out, gearboxes are usually effected when it's been left to long and there is metal fillings in the sump upon removal.

3. OP
    OP
    tonygardner

tonygardner Active Member

Car:
    c200 d sport w205
    thanks for that , mine`s an early 2004 , im changing the rad and going to do a full fluid change and filter , went to have a look at a few cars to day ,what a load of s##t out there unless spending £20000 + there are some nice cars in that price range ,ive had a look at fitting the rad look quite an easy job to do , at the same time do the fluid change going to drain the torque converter via the cooling pipes seeing as there off to change the rad , i have to say i have never lost any coolent in the 3 years ive owned the car done at least 35000 + miles in it , ive ordered the fluid and filter off ebay febi fluid 8 ltrs inc gasket and filter all in inc post £74.99 , have checked the fluid today via the dip stick tube its a transparent yellow colour very clean so it has been changed see as the tamper proof cap was missing the clip ? there where no signs of it ever being red the colour is very clearly yellow ?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014