c200 valeo rad upgrade mod etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonygardner

Car
c200 d sport w205
hi . looks like we are going to px our car, as there is a good chance that there is glyco in the transmission have spoke to a few people about it this morning, honest garages out there ;} , due to my working hours too many kids going to school etc etc, wife going to work , i can`t payout to have the atf changed then the rad and poss the gearbox to much money and time , so we are looking for v50 x type estate or another c class estate all diesels , did merc ever change the rad to stop this from happening if so from what year ,thanks tony

Effected years are 2003-early2004 cdi models, get a glycol test instead of fitting a part and finding out, gearboxes are usually effected when it's been left to long and there is metal fillings in the sump upon removal.

thanks for that , mine`s an early 2004 , im changing the rad and going to do a full fluid change and filter , went to have a look at a few cars to day ,what a load of s##t out there unless spending £20000 + there are some nice cars in that price range ,ive had a look at fitting the rad look quite an easy job to do , at the same time do the fluid change going to drain the torque converter via the cooling pipes seeing as there off to change the rad , i have to say i have never lost any coolent in the 3 years ive owned the car done at least 35000 + miles in it , ive ordered the fluid and filter off ebay febi fluid 8 ltrs inc gasket and filter all in inc post £74.99 , have checked the fluid today via the dip stick tube its a transparent yellow colour very clean so it has been changed see as the tamper proof cap was missing the clip ? there where no signs of it ever being red the colour is very clearly yellow ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom